The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Great short-lived shows

<< < (21/23) > >>

Neumms:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on August 21, 2024, 12:54:42 PM ---Apologies! But also if the three of us agree on something, that is in itself something.

--- End quote ---

I agree!

tvwxman:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on August 21, 2024, 12:24:10 AM ---Neumms mentioned Bruce's Hot Streak, and I was hoping that Get a Clue would have tread that ground rather than just no-danger Catch Phrase.

--- End quote ---

Also a Hot Streak fan - and surprised it hasn't been done again, since it was a worldwide success.

Always thought Austrailias version was fantastic. - right down to the music and set.  Find some on youtube if you havent' seen

Neumms:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on August 16, 2024, 01:30:38 PM ---I'd like to offer Million Dollar Mind Game.

--- End quote ---

Seconded. Didn't like the host but really fun.

Speaking of cerebral games, I wonder if anybody watched Trebek Double Dare on Prime.

How did the pilot work with just the Spoilers? Now, I loved the Spoilers, the unintentionally hilarious nerds. The game seemed flawed, though. Pop culture answer, you win. Humanities stuff, no way. Maybe all luck is okay for a bonus game--rolling giant dice as fast as you can was brilliant--but not the whole thing.

Jeremy Nelson:

--- Quote from: Neumms on August 22, 2024, 10:34:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: TLEberle on August 21, 2024, 12:54:42 PM ---Apologies! But also if the three of us agree on something, that is in itself something.

--- End quote ---

I agree!

--- End quote ---
Oh, absolutely! My reply wasn't in the vein of "here, I said the thing first", more "insert meme of Spider-Men pointing at each other"

I thought Caesars Challenge was a nifty word game (and I'm one of the few that thought the second bonus round was better).

Trivial Pursuit (sans the touch tone lead in half hour) was also a fun 30 minutes, and went through more content in half an hour than I originally thought- roughly 40 questions in the front game. Really hoping that the new version resembles that pace versus the 2007 version.

mmb5:

--- Quote from: Neumms on August 23, 2024, 05:11:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on August 16, 2024, 01:30:38 PM ---I'd like to offer Million Dollar Mind Game.

--- End quote ---

Seconded. Didn't like the host but really fun.

Speaking of cerebral games, I wonder if anybody watched Trebek Double Dare on Prime.

How did the pilot work with just the Spoilers? Now, I loved the Spoilers, the unintentionally hilarious nerds. The game seemed flawed, though. Pop culture answer, you win. Humanities stuff, now way. Maybe all luck is okay for a bonus game--rolling giant dice as fast as you can was brilliant--but not the whole thing.

--- End quote ---

IIRC, the only thing that changed from pilot to series is that you had to get 5 questions through 10 possibilities rather than 4 from 8.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version