The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Great short-lived shows

<< < (8/23) > >>

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: Jeremy Nelson on August 09, 2024, 01:05:23 PM ---
I do like the idea of the cutthroat battle, but it's "blink and you miss it" so I would keep it, but I would change two things:

1. Everyone is defending an answer, but we get rid of them being number specific. Every game begets a different theming, so each cutthroat round everyone gets one of the seven colors of the rainbow, or the name of a country, or a Best Actress winner, etc.
2. You get a point for defending your answer, you steal a point from a player who owns the correct answer you give, and you lose a point for a wrong answer. Play til the klaxon sounds.

--- End quote ---

I like this idea, but if I may, I'll suggest a small tweak.

Every player starts with 3 points. If you defend your own answer, you gain a point. If you pip someone else's answer, they lose a point. If you're wrong, you're out no matter how many points you have. Players are eliminated when they hit zero.

Jeremy Nelson:

--- Quote from: Neumms on August 09, 2024, 12:48:07 PM ---Bruce Forsyth’s Hot Streak (I may be the only one here who liked it)

--- End quote ---
I've thought for a couple years that this would be a fantastic revival for a network like GSN. Casting doesn't have to find related groups of 4, there's really no need to create material other than the words, and it's been off for so long that the rights to create a new version couldn't cost much.

colonial:
Personal favorites ...

-- Greed
-- Sports Geniuses
-- Ultimate Fan League
-- Idiot Savants
-- Cullen Chain Reaction
-- Talkabout
-- Paranoia

JD

Casey Buck:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on August 09, 2024, 12:40:52 AM ---I mentioned Greed earlier, but I'll also put in a good word for Winning Lines. It's a tragedy that such an amazing end game got stuck with such a broken play-in round.
--- End quote ---

I don't know how this can work out logistically (since there's multiple production companies involved), but if Now You See It is ever somehow revived, a $100K top-prize Wonderwall would make for a damn good Solo Round.

Both The Wonderwall and NYSI involve finding the answers right in front of you.

Joe Mello:

--- Quote from: JasonA1 on August 08, 2024, 05:01:36 PM ---This is my co-sign. Naturally, it was better with the more inventive categories, but to fill 13 weeks of shows, you need material of all stripes.
--- End quote ---
The wilder topics also help make Pass The Buck stand out from Family Feud or Card Sharks and feel much more like a party game, something that I'd probably lean into if I had the power to revive it as a modern game show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version