The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Great short-lived shows

<< < (9/23) > >>

wdm1219inpenna:
Play the Percentages, the first format with the 2 married couples especially.

I realize this show was perhaps none too popular but how about The Magnificent Marble Machine?

And one more, the short-lived, precursor to Press Your Luck, "Second Chance" from ABC, hosted by Jim Peck.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Chelsea Thrasher on August 09, 2024, 09:39:39 AM ---Each player that makes it to the seven wins a small cash payout. Maybe $100, maybe $500. Instead of "eliminate your opponent's number" you basically crib something akin to a multiplayer version of the Trivia Race from Trivia Trap. First to five or seven or whatever times well in run-throughs wins five grand that's theirs to keep (bumping up from the $2500 from the old series for inflation) and goes to the Wonderwall, played almost verbatim.

--- End quote ---
An idea that just came to me...a smaller Wonderwall-type game similar to Quicksilver, but straightforward trivia instead of dad joke answers. Four to six choices which are replaced anytime a contestant picks a correct answer. First to five gets 5K and goes on to the Wonderwall; everyone else goes back to the pool with their $500.

Chief-O:
"Whew!".

Mr. Brown:
My list would definitely be Talk About, Greed, and the Mike Richards-hosted Pyramid on GSN.

Aren't they bringing Talk About back? The show is a great concept, but the end game could use a little work.

Greed was a great spin on the WWTBAM trend in the 2000s and it had decent payouts versus other trivia shows like Weakest Link.

And finally, the Richards-hosted Pyramid was actually pretty good. It was true to the original format, which has always been a good one.

SuperMatch93:
This may be an unpopular choice, but I'm going to say Give-N-Take. I like the blend of trivia and pricing, and the setting in-the-round was unique for the era. I get why it didn't last, but I feel like it should've gotten another try in the mid-80s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version