The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Great short-lived shows

<< < (12/23) > >>

GameShowFan:
My pick for this topic is “Sports On Tap.” They did two 13-week tournaments. I loved the entire format, and thought the concept of using a stepladder for finding the day’s winner was genius.

tyshaun1:
I will throw "Wipeout" into the ring. Fun, simple, relatively low stakes game that they threw a ton of chrome on to make it look big budget. Another game that was much more successful overseas too.

Jamey Greek:

--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on August 10, 2024, 12:52:20 AM ---This may be an unpopular choice, but I'm going to say Give-N-Take. I like the blend of trivia and pricing, and the setting in-the-round was unique for the era. I get why it didn't last, but I feel like it should've gotten another try in the mid-80s.

--- End quote ---

That would have been a good Lifetime original game show as a companion piece to Supermarket Sweep in the early 90s.

Jamey Greek:

1. History IQ
2. TV Land Ultimate Fan Search
3. Wipeout
4. Couch Potatoes
5. GSN Pyramid

Jamey Greek:

--- Quote from: Mr. Brown on August 10, 2024, 12:30:08 AM ---My list would definitely be Talk About, Greed, and the Mike Richards-hosted Pyramid on GSN.

Aren't they bringing Talk About back? The show is a great concept, but the end game could use a little work.

Greed was a great spin on the WWTBAM trend in the 2000s and it had decent payouts versus other trivia shows like Weakest Link.

And finally, the Richards-hosted Pyramid was actually pretty good. It was true to the original format, which has always been a good one.

--- End quote ---
bot to mention Mike Richards did a good job hosting. Bring a protege of Dick Clark's he sire did him proud.  Both Dick Clark and Bob Stewart would have been proud of that version along with the current one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version