The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Great short-lived shows

<< < (13/23) > >>

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: Jamey Greek on August 12, 2024, 06:34:46 PM ---bot to mention Mike Richards did a good job hosting. Bring a protege of Dick Clark's he sire did him proud.  Both Dick Clark and Bob Stewart would have been proud of that version along with the current one.

--- End quote ---
I thought he was fine and ok. Out of the six or seven people who have hosted the show, he would not only not make the medal podium but he wouldn't even be in the top five.

BillCullen1:
FWIW, I thought Mike Richards was a better host for Pyramid than John Davidson. But yeah, I know.

Here's another short-lived show that I thought was good. Stumpers, hosted by Mr. Password himself, Allen Ludden.

carlisle96:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on August 13, 2024, 09:55:58 AM ---FWIW, I thought Mike Richards was a better host for Pyramid than John Davidson. But yeah, I know.

Here's another short-lived show that I thought was good. Stumpers, hosted by Mr. Password himself, Allen Ludden.

--- End quote ---
Ludden was great as always, but the problem I had with Stumpers was the players could only choose from the clues provided to them...they couldn't be flexible, creative, or funny like on Password...but what do I know? I loved Pass the Buck with its absurd judging. 

gamed121683:

--- Quote from: carlisle96 on August 13, 2024, 01:57:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on August 13, 2024, 09:55:58 AM ---FWIW, I thought Mike Richards was a better host for Pyramid than John Davidson. But yeah, I know.

--- End quote ---
Ludden was great as always, but the problem I had with Stumpers was the players could only choose from the clues provided to them...they couldn't be flexible, creative, or funny like on Password...but what do I know?

--- End quote ---

I'm willing to bet the creators of Stumpers asked themselves this question while creating the show, "How can we be Password without the Goodson/Todman people suing the pants off us?"

Clay Zambo:
I think the Stumpers mechanic—give your opponent clues to a puzzle in the order you think will be least helpful—would be a great mid-match round (replacing Ca$hword) in a Super Password-style revival.

Stumpers itself wasn’t perfect, but what a cool set!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version