Great short-lived shows

<< < (15/23) > >>

Jamey Greek:
Any Jay Wolpert show

Jimmy Owen:
Any Don Lipp show

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on August 14, 2024, 04:28:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: gamed121683 on August 14, 2024, 03:07:36 PM ---Did I read this right? There is (was) an LP out there featuring Thicke's theme song work? I'd love to know more about this.

--- End quote ---

Pretty well all of the Thicke themes that you hear on TVPMM came from an original vinyl LP.  They include themes that were used on Joker's Wild, Celebrity Sweepstakes, Wheel of Fortune, etc.  IIRC, I think the Wheel theme on the second GSN CD was sourced from that.

There were a bunch more themes Thicke wrote after which are unaccounted for.  I don't know for sure if there's another LP but none of them have surfaced - with the exception of Whew!

--- End quote ---
Not sure how I missed this, but a copy turned up on ebay recently. It went for $400 so I'm actually kind of relieved I didn't find it while the auction was active: https://www.ebay.com/itm/285953300519?

clemon79:

--- Quote from: wdm1219inpenna on August 09, 2024, 11:09:12 PM ---I realize this show was perhaps none too popular but how about The Magnificent Marble Machine?
--- End quote ---
They would have MORE of a shot with it today, with 2024 technology as opposed to 1978:

Tech: "We built a thirty-foot tall pinball machine for a game show!"

Network Exec: "Cool! How did you manage to find flipper coils that big?"

Tech: "What's a flipper coil?"

Then, the other problem: if your centerpiece is a thirty-foot tall pinball machine, you are either spending ALL your time in front of it, or you are strapping a totally unrelated front game onto it for the right to play it and your audience is bored, because they tuned in to see The Magnificent Marble Machine, not The Random-Ass Tedious Word Game.

MSTieScott:
I'm not watching a reboot of The Magnificent Marble Machine unless the contestants are in Zorb-like inflatable balls.

Hang on, I have a pitch deck to create...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version