Great short-lived shows

<< < (16/23) > >>

gameshowfan2001:
Match Game (1990)
Russian Roulette
Hollywood Showdown
The Hustler

Clay Zambo:
I'd like to offer Million Dollar Mind Game.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on August 16, 2024, 01:30:38 PM ---I'd like to offer Million Dollar Mind Game.

--- End quote ---
At first I thought you were talking about “Million Second Quiz”, which I thought was clever but a few years too early. It had several technical issues IIRC that overshadowed everything else. I think it could work today with Zoom and mobile technology being much more advanced.

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on August 17, 2024, 05:03:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on August 16, 2024, 01:30:38 PM ---I'd like to offer Million Dollar Mind Game.

--- End quote ---
At first I thought you were talking about “Million Second Quiz”, which I thought was clever but a few years too early. It had several technical issues IIRC that overshadowed everything else. I think it could work today with Zoom and mobile technology being much more advanced.

--- End quote ---

Well, I’d be thrilled to revive MSQ if I got to work on it again. ;)

BrandonFG:
A few years ago I got into Bobby Van's Make Me Laugh and watched a few episodes on Youtube. I also enjoyed the Comedy Central version and am surprised it hasn't been revived since, outside of a proposed version about a decade ago. With so many comics finding fame through social media, it's not like there's a shortage of funny people willing to work for scale and get their name out there, just like Bob Saget, Howie Mandel, Patton Oswalt, and so many others did back in the day.

Adjust the scoring to $5 for every second you don't laugh, and of course the game ends when you crack. Three contestants, and the high scorer comes back for the "tag team" bonus round that Comedy Central used. If you last a minute without laughing, you win a trip and let's say $5,000. Otherwise, $10 for every second you didn't laugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version