The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Great short-lived shows

<< < (18/23) > >>

Dbacksfan12:

--- Quote from: tvwxman on August 19, 2024, 11:13:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on August 18, 2024, 03:58:38 PM ---A few years ago I got into Bobby Van's Make Me Laugh and watched a few episodes on Youtube.

--- End quote ---

Which inevitably leads to the next topic : Which hosts should have had longer careers ?

--- End quote ---
I’ve always thought Kevin O’Connell deserved more than 13 weeks.  Seemed like he had good stage presence from the get-go.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: tvwxman on August 19, 2024, 11:13:25 AM ---Which inevitably leads to the next topic : Which hosts should have had longer careers ? I was, and will always be a huge fan of Bobby Van - died WAY too early in his life.

--- End quote ---
The two most obvious are probably Todd Newton and Jim Peck. I know Ricki Lake and Billy Gardell are the more recognizable names, but the fact that Todd got relegated to second banana on a bunch of interstitials on Game Show Marathon and Monopoly Millionaires Club is a joke. As for Jim Peck, I dunno if Joker lasts longer than two years with him, but he deserved a more solid career as well.

I would like to see Dylan Lane get another show that gives him a chance to actually show off his chops. I liked him on the most recent Chain Reaction, but I also think he was handcuffed by a structure that wouldn't let him be looser and joke around more with contestants who gave a bad answer the way JMH or Leah do on America Says or People Puzzler.

Eric Paddon:
Technically Go! ran 16 weeks but yeah, Kevin deserved another shot.

Jim McKrell is the one that stands out most to me since "Celebrity Sweepstakes" did have a decent run and you would have thought he'd have gotten another shot at a network game show. 

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on August 19, 2024, 01:07:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: tvwxman on August 19, 2024, 11:13:25 AM ---Which inevitably leads to the next topic : Which hosts should have had longer careers ? I was, and will always be a huge fan of Bobby Van - died WAY too early in his life.

--- End quote ---
The two most obvious are probably Todd Newton and Jim Peck. I know Ricki Lake and Billy Gardell are the more recognizable names, but the fact that Todd got relegated to second banana on a bunch of interstitials on Game Show Marathon and Monopoly Millionaires Club is a joke. As for Jim Peck, I dunno if Joker lasts longer than two years with him, but he deserved a more solid career as well.

I would like to see Dylan Lane get another show that gives him a chance to actually show off his chops. I liked him on the most recent Chain Reaction, but I also think he was handcuffed by a structure that wouldn't let him be looser and joke around more with contestants who gave a bad answer the way JMH or Leah do on America Says or People Puzzler.

--- End quote ---

Was Jim Peck ever considered as a candidate to take over TTD after Wink left, or was he wanting to get out of the business by that time and go back to Milwaukee?  He would've done a way better job than Jim Caldwell did.

Jimmy Owen:
Divorce Court kept him busy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version