The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Great short-lived shows

<< < (19/23) > >>

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on August 19, 2024, 07:20:07 PM ---Divorce Court kept him busy.

--- End quote ---

Forgot about that show...By choice!

Chief-O:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on August 19, 2024, 02:07:11 PM ---Was Jim Peck ever considered as a candidate to take over TTD after Wink left, or was he wanting to get out of the business by that time and go back to Milwaukee?  He would've done a way better job than Jim Caldwell did.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on August 19, 2024, 07:20:07 PM ---Divorce Court kept him busy.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't so sure he was ready to bail on game shows at *that* point....there was this......

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: tvwxman on August 19, 2024, 11:13:25 AM ---Which hosts should have had longer careers ?

--- End quote ---

I would've loved to have seen Jim Perry get another gig in the 90s. In a perfect world, he did The Challengers and Dick Clark hosted $100KP that season instead of John Davidson.

alfonzos:
Four words: "Let's Play Post Office." I was lucky enough to view the pilot with awful video. The show was still compelling.

BTW, if you liked "Stumpers" you will probably enjoy "Pass-ack Words" by R&R Games.

carlisle96:

--- Quote from: tvwxman on August 19, 2024, 11:13:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on August 18, 2024, 03:58:38 PM ---A few years ago I got into Bobby Van's Make Me Laugh and watched a few episodes on Youtube.

--- End quote ---

Which inevitably leads to the next topic : Which hosts should have had longer careers ? I was, and will always be a huge fan of Bobby Van - died WAY too early in his life. 

3 game shows with less than decent formats , that he made entertaining. Add to him filling in as host of Tattletales, and I'd say he was one of , if not the number one, most underrated hosts in the genre.

--- End quote ---

Peter Tomarken could have been a classic journeyman host in the Art James-Tom Kennedy-Bob Eubanks tradition (one show flops, but here comes another one...and another...and another) if daytime game shows hadn't dried up by the early 90s and, of course, if he had lived

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version