The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game shows overdue for a remake

<< < (7/13) > >>

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: Neumms on September 01, 2024, 01:26:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: Loogaroo on August 16, 2024, 11:28:29 AM ---…a good-but-not-great cash prize to the night's winner ($50k, let's say) and then a much nicer cash prize ($500k, for example) if they can break a certain score threshold.

--- End quote ---

If the stakes are that high—especially in cash—who would risk screwing that up to buy Instant Bargains?

--- End quote ---

If the Instant Bargains are things like Corvettes...

BrandonFG:
I don’t remember if it was this thread or another, but this is where the personalized prizes from PYL would be brilliantly devious. Would I give up my $15 lead if it meant I could buy that dream vacation to Barcelona or a fully-customized man cave for 12 $ale of the Century dollars? Very likely.

TLEberle:
I know it's been brought up. The problem is that you can't overshadow what's in the shopper's bazaar. if contestants who lead by fifty bones didn't go for The Vault instead of pressing for the Cash Jackpot on Aussie Temptation, then there wasn't anything to be done.

I think when Jim would whip out twenty Benjamins (my favorite president!) on someone's Lot Night it was weak sauce against the glass case of currency.

BrandonFG:
The cool thing about Perry's IBs were that they offered prizes that a contestant would have a functional use for. So if I lose, yeah it sucks that I can't play for the Bimmer or the 300Z, but at least I get a Hi-Fi stereo with the turntable that's 8" deep! and maybe even a Sale Surprise for taxes. Occasionally they'd throw in a weekend trip to somewhere like Arizona. It's not the living room of furniture or European holiday offered in Teh Lot, but it wasn't a bad consolation prize.

If given the option of smaller prizes under $2,500 I think it works. So instead of the man cave, maybe a customized pool table with one of those mini Jumbotrons. Instead of Barcelona, somewhere like San Diego.

WhammyPower:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 01, 2024, 03:13:46 PM ---The cool thing about Perry's IBs were that they offered prizes that a contestant would have a functional use for.

--- End quote ---

"Functional"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version