The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game shows overdue for a remake

<< < (8/13) > >>

SuperMatch93:
One thing I liked in the 1969 episodes of Sale that turned up a while back was the Open Sale round, where everyone had a chance to spend a few bucks on some smaller gifts. I think that remedies the "game discourages people from playing" issue brought up earlier since everyone gets the chance to take home something more than Lots Of Love.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: WhammyPower on September 01, 2024, 03:50:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 01, 2024, 03:13:46 PM ---The cool thing about Perry's IBs were that they offered prizes that a contestant would have a functional use for.

--- End quote ---

"Functional"

--- End quote ---
I think you know what I meant.

JasonA1:
I too think it's a little charitable to suggest the Instant Bargains were immune from offering the usual game show suspects. When the brass mirror or Catalina sportswear comes up, I'm buzzing in for the chance at a $ale Surprise over the actual item.

-Jason

BrandonFG:
That's fair. A rewatch might be in order but I'm willing to eat crow.

rebelwrest:

--- Quote from: JasonA1 on September 01, 2024, 04:07:41 PM ---I too think it's a little charitable to suggest the Instant Bargains were immune from offering the usual game show suspects. When the brass mirror or Catalina sportswear comes up, I'm buzzing in for the chance at a $ale Surprise over the actual item.

-Jason

--- End quote ---

Or Jim just may reach into one of pockets and add some Benjamins to tempt the contestant.

Serious question, did Jim know which IBs had $ale surprises?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version