The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game shows overdue for a remake

<< < (10/13) > >>

Chief-O:

--- Quote from: Neumms on September 03, 2024, 08:11:47 PM ---The time is right for The Money Maze. Add a couple more zeroes after the all-important 1 and you’d have ratings gold.

--- End quote ---

Quite honestly, I can agree here. They could certainly do the show nowadays in a massive Hollywood soundstage, and maybe make the maze 33 to 50% larger to really justify those extra zeroes.

Now my question is.......is George available and willing?

TheInquisitiveOne:
I am of the thought that a case can be made for Scrabble. What would make it easy is that they could easily resort to the self-contained format NBC went with from 1985 onward. And if time is tight, resort to a best-of-3 format instead of a best-of-5. Otherwise, the format can stay exactly the same, with bonus squares doubled from the original format ($1000 for blue squares, $2000 for pink squares - both upon immediate solves).

For the Bonus Sprint at the end, cash prize depends on format: for returning champions, $10,000 + $5000 for each day until hit (champions progression only), or a flat one-time $25000 prize for one-off champions ($2500 for winning the overall sprint playoff as consolation, if the $25K isn’t won).

The Inquisitive One

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: TheInquisitiveOne on September 08, 2024, 01:29:22 AM ---I am of the thought that a case can be made for Scrabble.

--- End quote ---

Especially if they call it Words with Friends.

Stackertosh:

--- Quote from: tpirfan28 on August 17, 2024, 03:41:40 PM ---Crazy idea I've always had to revive Line and Secret that is tough to execute apparently because rights are a mess:  The Panel Show.  Four celebrites, five games: lead with a round of TTTT, then Who's Who from WML, play a round of Line with one of the imposters, play IGAS with the other, then end with a mystery guest.  Revives Line and Secret in pieces.

That doesn't work?  Cross-Wits.

--- End quote ---

I like that idea, especially to fill an hour. I wasn't a fan of Anthony Anderson version of TTTT

Neumms:

--- Quote from: TheInquisitiveOne on September 08, 2024, 01:29:22 AM ---if time is tight, resort to a best-of-3 format instead of a best-of-5.

--- End quote ---

I’d be tempted to do one sit-down game, the returning champ getting a bye into the sprint. Maybe then they could avoid going to Speed Word early.

I’d also like to see a longer bonus round. That or make it one dramatic final word and somehow draw tiles (or letters). The 10-second thing always felt rushed, especially for the high point of the show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version