The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game shows overdue for a remake

<< < (11/13) > >>

Joe Mello:
Based on my and others' machinations, if I were to do TV Scrabble, I'd replace the regular sprints with a head-to-head best-of-5 speedword (going from 5-9 letters). It shaves off about 2 minutes' of run time and is easier to manage logistically. Plus I find the drama factor to be on par if not better.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: Joe Mello on September 09, 2024, 04:06:33 PM ---Based on my and others' machinations, if I were to do TV Scrabble, I'd replace the regular sprints with a head-to-head best-of-5 speedword (going from 5-9 letters). It shaves off about 2 minutes' of run time and is easier to manage logistically. Plus I find the drama factor to be on par if not better.

--- End quote ---

I think you would find, due to a need to take more risks when you are behind, that there would be more utterly anticlimactic situations than you would like, as the person up 2-Whatever gets to stand there and wait for the word to fill in after their opponent made an early desperation guess.

Jimmy Owen:
Anybody we know working on the Raven Scrabble revival?

Neumms:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on September 09, 2024, 06:35:33 PM ---I think you would find, due to a need to take more risks when you are behind, that there would be more utterly anticlimactic situations than you would like, as the person up 2-Whatever gets to stand there and wait for the word to fill in after their opponent made an early desperation guess.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the penalty for buzzing too early could one free letter and a free guess for the opponent. If he can’t answer, speed word resumes.

I’ve often thought it would be fun to see the sprint work like a chess clock, as on Grand Slam. Figuring out a wrong-answer penalty may be the fly in the ointment, though.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: Neumms on September 11, 2024, 11:20:09 PM ---Figuring out a wrong-answer penalty may be the fly in the ointment, though.
--- End quote ---
They already had it, although I thought ten seconds was a bit stiff. So do the Whew! thing and run off five, and the audience can count along. At the end of the five the next two letters pop in and play continues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version