The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Worst scoring flaw?

<< < (6/16) > >>

BillCullen1:

--- Quote from: JasonA1 on August 16, 2024, 11:50:15 PM ---One way to rationalize it -- and I'm not saying this is what they thought, or it's even a GOOD reason -- is if you scan the board from left to right, starting in the upper left, the first thing you see is easy to find, so it's worth 2 points (line 1, position 1). But a 2-letter answer in the bottom right corner takes a lot of looking, so it's worth more.

In actual practice, your eyes dart around, so if that happened to be the intent, it didn't come across. I have a soft spot for the 1989 version.

-Jason

--- End quote ---

I totally agree with you on this.

aaron sica:
The first one I ever spotted was HS86, during the first season. Each game was worth $500. If the same contestant won the first two games, the other contestant was basically screwed. They fixed this in season two with the third game being worth $1000.

That Don Guy:
Here's one "in reverse":

Back on ABC LMAD, there was a game where two contestants tried to guess the price of an item, and whoever was closer won money; the amounts were 100, 200, 300, and 400, and if either contestant got 700, they won a car. The problem is, if one player gets both of the first two, then the third one becomes, "It doesn't matter what the first player does, but if the first player wins, they can screw the second player out of the car."

PYLdude:
 How, on Beat The Clock in 1979, you could win all four stunts and lose the game with a bad slide in the bonus shuffle.

Jeremy Nelson:

--- Quote from: PYLdude on August 17, 2024, 03:00:21 PM --- How, on Beat The Clock in 1979, you could win all four stunts and lose the game with a bad slide in the bonus shuffle.

--- End quote ---
I always thought the Bonus Shuffle, as weird a final game as it was, should have just added the shuffle winner's highest disc to the team's score to decide the winner. At least then, if your opponenets swept the front game, catching up would require a rare feat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version