The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Worst scoring flaw?

<< < (16/16)

chrisholland03:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on September 10, 2024, 03:13:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: CeleTheRef on September 09, 2024, 08:27:03 PM ---Pyramid in Italy had this wonderful rule: at the end of a round, if the score difference was 4 or more, score resets to 0-0.    ???

--- End quote ---
I want to make sure I’m reading correctly.  Each player player picks a category.  The score is 7-3.  The score are reset.

Did the better performing player receive any form of remuneration?

--- End quote ---

A big fat 0

CeleTheRef:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on September 10, 2024, 03:13:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: CeleTheRef on September 09, 2024, 08:27:03 PM ---Pyramid in Italy had this wonderful rule: at the end of a round, if the score difference was 4 or more, score resets to 0-0.    ???

--- End quote ---
I want to make sure I’m reading correctly.  Each player player picks a category.  The score is 7-3.  The score are reset.

Did the better performing player receive any form of remuneration?

--- End quote ---

The better performing player received a 20% chance to go home.

(2007) Pyramid in Italy had a weird set of rules:

* Two teams of two unacquainted civilians
* The contestant pool has 20 people. They occupy a section of the audience
* After each round (when both teams had a turn), if the score difference is 4 or more, every player must pick a ball from a box. IIRC the leading team's box has 1 black and 4 white balls, the trailing team's box has 3 black and 2 white balls. Who gets a black ball is out of the game and is replaced by someone chosen at random from the pool. If it's not the third round, scores reset to zero.
* At the end of the third round, if the previous rule did not trigger, players of the losing team must pick a ball from the 3/2 box (white ball means the player stays on for the next episode)
Yes, it happened that a person from the contestants pool advanced directly to the bonus round by virtue of a winner getting blackballed  :o

WilliamPorygon:

--- Quote from: CeleTheRef on September 25, 2024, 06:45:02 PM ---Yes, it happened that a person from the contestants pool advanced directly to the bonus round by virtue of a winner getting blackballed  :o

--- End quote ---
Geez, even Merv Griffin's spoilers had to at least get one answer right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version