The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Longest gap between hosting gigs?

(1/3) > >>

SamJ93:
Ahmad Rashad hosted Caesars Challenge in 1994, then hosted Tug Of Words 17 27 years later. I know he also hosted Celebrity Mole for a little while in the early '00s, but as far as traditional studio game shows go that has to be the longest timespan between gigs, right?

carlisle96:

--- Quote from: SamJ93 on August 29, 2024, 10:32:23 AM ---Ahmad Rashad hosted Caesars Challenge in 1994, then hosted Tug Of Words 17 years later. I know he also hosted Celebrity Mole for a little while in the early '00s, but as far as traditional studio game shows go that has to be the longest timespan between gigs, right?

--- End quote ---
I was thinking more along the lines of the traditional meat-and-potatoes hosts like Jack Narz (four years between I'll Bet and Beat the Clock) and Art James (I can't recall the exact number, but it was a big gap between Marble Machine and Catch Phrase).

TLEberle:
I think Chris Hardwick has to have a claim, depending on where the line is drawn, but The Wall being 2010s means that he had a decade worth of desert where I don't recall seeing him on television other than Talking Dead and the like.

Mr. Matté:
Reege? (1999 Millionaire - 1975 Neighbors = 24 years)

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on August 29, 2024, 12:03:54 PM ---Reege? (1999 Millionaire - 1975 Neighbors = 24 years)

--- End quote ---
Even if we call Almost Anything Goes a game show, that's still a long way. He's got to be on the podium.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version