Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your most resonant game show music....  (Read 3288 times)

Scrabbleship

Re: Your most resonant game show music....
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2024, 09:36:07 PM »
The win music from Your Number's Up is the epitome of the term "ear worm" but got trapped on a meh show with a legacy rooted in a TV debacle (Supertrain) and a unsold pilot (Second Guess '82).

Neumms

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2024, 10:49:25 PM »
The win music from Your Number's Up is the epitome of the term "ear worm" but got trapped on a meh show with a legacy rooted in a TV debacle (Supertrain) and a unsold pilot (Second Guess '82).

Call me uninformed, but what did Supertrain and Second Guess (besides the Stewarts) have to do with it?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2024, 11:12:59 PM »
The piece he's describing was originally part of the Supertrain soundtrack, got (sped-up and) recycled for the Second Guess pilot before its melody was used in the Your Number's Up package.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

jw2001

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2024, 11:21:17 PM »
Double Dare theme (1986-93)

Neumms

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2024, 08:44:51 PM »
The piece he's describing was originally part of the Supertrain soundtrack, got (sped-up and) recycled for the Second Guess pilot…

Ah. Thanks!

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2024, 09:16:25 PM »
Forgot to add “Hot Potato”. I’ve used it as interstitial music while hosting Music Bingo/Bar Trivia.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2024, 12:00:47 AM »
Forgot to add “Hot Potato”. I’ve used it as interstitial music while hosting Music Bingo/Bar Trivia.

This brings up another topic which I've thought about for a while.  I guess most of us here have collections of theme songs.  Besides listening to them on your own, do you get any other use out of them?

My wife and I have been in the ballroom dance community for a number of years and for several of those years, I've been DJing ballroom parties.  Each party we have about a half-dozen door prizes that are drawn during the evening.  Whenever a prize is drawn, I'll throw a game show theme in the background when the winner comes up to claim it.  I'm sure at least some of the people must recognize a few of them, but at least I get enjoyment out of exposing these people to them!  Probably some are thinking "...where have I heard that before?"
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2024, 04:05:06 PM »
TPIR has a wonderful music library dating back to 1972. Unfortunately the way they mix the audio now, the music is buried under George Gray and the roar and shrieking of the studio audience, so you can barely hear it. This is ironic because they are paying for music performance rights, a production person to cue and time the music, plus a technician to operate the playback equipment.

Edd Kalehoff did not compose all of the music for TPIR. Some of it was composed by the late Walt Levinsky, esp. the cue that became the FF theme. Levinsky was one of the many ghost composers used by Score Prods, including Edd Kalehoff, Charles Fox, Michel Camilo,  Gary Anderson, Ken Bichel (Match Game) and who knows who else.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 04:18:17 PM by chris319 »

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2024, 07:55:22 PM »
So many, but tops on the list is the 60s Bob Cobert Password theme. As a fan of the big band/orchestra sound, this bright piece captures the Bert Kaempfert style popular in that era. Also have fond memories of our first infant child's attention being captured by the openings of Chain Reaction and Bullseye back when they were on CBN Cable. Other top ones are Rafferty's Blockbusters and Robin Ward's To Tell The Truth, which, with a touch of editing, would be great for The Price Is Right.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 06:18:34 PM by The Ol' Guy »

Loogaroo

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2024, 09:18:39 PM »
The closing theme to Super Password is one of the brightest, most cheerful pieces of music I've ever heard. I remember when the '80s TV Theme SuperSite first came online - I made a beeline for that clip.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2024, 12:58:33 AM »
I use TPIR's Big Banana as my everyday alarm clock and the portion of TPIR's Sam previously used for the reveal of the first two prizes in Ten Chances (among other places) as my text tone.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2024, 01:06:58 PM »
The Big Showdown is my favorite theme.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2024, 01:35:38 PM »
The closing theme to Super Password is one of the brightest, most cheerful pieces of music I've ever heard. I remember when the '80s TV Theme SuperSite first came online - I made a beeline for that clip.

It is mine as well, 100%.

One of the things on my dream list for TVPMM is the full Super Password package (plug cue, bonus game walk cue, etc, higher quality version of the main theme tune, etc).

Ian Wallis

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2024, 03:06:28 PM »
I think my most-wanted at this point would be Money Maze.  Considering it's Score that did that, it's surprising nothing's turned up for it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

KrisW73

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2024, 08:12:57 AM »
Any love for the Cullen Blockbusters theme? It's up there for me.