Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your most resonant game show music....  (Read 3357 times)

aaron sica

Re: Your most resonant game show music....
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2024, 08:25:25 AM »
Any love for the Cullen Blockbusters theme? It's up there for me.

Theme is good, but a favorite part of the music from that show is when a contestant loses the gold run and the clock hits zero.

Neumms

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2024, 02:50:03 PM »

I’d love to hear Doc Severinson’s or another live band perform it. There’s a lot that great players could mess around with.

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2024, 02:56:59 PM »
It gets love from me, but the end of the first verse is missing something IMO. I feel like it needs either 1/16 notes instead of 1/8 notes on the trumpets, or a different instrumentation altogether. Maybe ditch the trumpet for that measure and put more emphasis on the electric guitar and Fender Rhodes.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2024, 10:31:13 PM »
The Big Showdown is my favorite theme.

It's among my favorites as well, along with

1970s ABC Password
1970s Concentration (Narz)
1980s Tattletales

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2024, 02:00:41 AM »
I really like the 2 most popular Stormy Sacks themes: “Caesar’s Challenge” and “Hollywood Squares”.  Others that “slap” (as my teenage daughter would say): “Double Dare” (2018), “Finders Keepers” (Room Romp), and “Chump Change” from NYSI.

Also agree about “The Mad Dash”.  The opening, with that energetic theme, really does a great job at stirring up excitement and drawing you into the game.
--Matt

KrisW73

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2024, 07:23:02 AM »
It gets love from me, but the end of the first verse is missing something IMO. I feel like it needs either 1/16 notes instead of 1/8 notes on the trumpets, or a different instrumentation altogether. Maybe ditch the trumpet for that measure and put more emphasis on the electric guitar and Fender Rhodes.

I agree about the Rhodes - I often wondered why they didn't fly this in more for a "solo" bit at some point...

I’d love to hear Doc Severinson’s or another live band perform it. There’s a lot that great players could mess around with.

I just saw this - and I agree - there's a few jumping off points that could be the start point for an extended solo or jam...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 09:23:21 AM by KrisW73 »

tyshaun1

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2024, 08:28:03 AM »
I feel like it needs either 1/16 notes instead of 1/8 notes on the trumpets
I always thought that those notes at the end of the main verse represented the name of the show... B! L! O! C! KBUSTERS! Or not.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2024, 04:31:46 PM »
The closing theme to Super Password is one of the brightest, most cheerful pieces of music I've ever heard. I remember when the '80s TV Theme SuperSite first came online - I made a beeline for that clip.

It is mine as well, 100%.

One of the things on my dream list for TVPMM is the full Super Password package (plug cue, bonus game walk cue, etc, higher quality version of the main theme tune, etc).

Add me to that list. Ironically, the SP reel was sitting in Stan Blits’ office for many years. My understanding is that many of those older G-T show reels which were no longer topical were simply left behind when the Price staff moved out of the offices on Sunset.

However, I understand that Michel Camilo has the DATs in his possession — in case anyone sees he’s having a garage sale.

calliaume

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2024, 04:47:25 PM »
I think my most-wanted at this point would be Money Maze.  Considering it's Score that did that, it's surprising nothing's turned up for it.
Agreed. Great music package all the way around. Recycled for The Guinness Game and (very briefly) Match Game ‘76ish (presumably somebody recognized it).

“Chump Change” is also my phone ringtone (although its Cosby connection makes me uneasy. I would make Jackpot’s “The Jet Set” my ringtone if I ever figure out how to make one and install it.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2024, 10:28:19 PM »
The closing theme to Super Password is one of the brightest, most cheerful pieces of music I've ever heard. I remember when the '80s TV Theme SuperSite first came online - I made a beeline for that clip.

Oh I agree with this one, I'd be surprised if anyone can hear it and miss the joy.
Especially in the piano. Seems that the underlying spark in a number of notable themes is in the drowned-out the piano or guitar, at least to me.
Not a lost cue, but another little thing I made that expresses it differently.