The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Your most resonant game show music....

<< < (8/8)

KrisW73:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 09, 2024, 02:56:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: KrisW73 on September 09, 2024, 08:12:57 AM ---Any love for the Cullen Blockbusters theme? It's up there for me.

--- End quote ---
It gets love from me, but the end of the first verse is missing something IMO. I feel like it needs either 1/16 notes instead of 1/8 notes on the trumpets, or a different instrumentation altogether. Maybe ditch the trumpet for that measure and put more emphasis on the electric guitar and Fender Rhodes.

--- End quote ---

I agree about the Rhodes - I often wondered why they didn't fly this in more for a "solo" bit at some point...

--- Quote from: Neumms on September 09, 2024, 02:50:03 PM ---I’d love to hear Doc Severinson’s or another live band perform it. There’s a lot that great players could mess around with.

--- End quote ---

I just saw this - and I agree - there's a few jumping off points that could be the start point for an extended solo or jam...

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 09, 2024, 02:56:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: KrisW73 on September 09, 2024, 08:12:57 AM ---Any love for the Cullen Blockbusters theme? It's up there for me.

--- End quote ---
I feel like it needs either 1/16 notes instead of 1/8 notes on the trumpets

--- End quote ---
I always thought that those notes at the end of the main verse represented the name of the show... B! L! O! C! KBUSTERS! Or not.

ClockGameJohn:

--- Quote from: Chelsea Thrasher on September 08, 2024, 01:35:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Loogaroo on September 07, 2024, 09:18:39 PM ---The closing theme to Super Password is one of the brightest, most cheerful pieces of music I've ever heard. I remember when the '80s TV Theme SuperSite first came online - I made a beeline for that clip.

--- End quote ---

It is mine as well, 100%.

One of the things on my dream list for TVPMM is the full Super Password package (plug cue, bonus game walk cue, etc, higher quality version of the main theme tune, etc).

--- End quote ---

Add me to that list. Ironically, the SP reel was sitting in Stan Blits’ office for many years. My understanding is that many of those older G-T show reels which were no longer topical were simply left behind when the Price staff moved out of the offices on Sunset.

However, I understand that Michel Camilo has the DATs in his possession — in case anyone sees he’s having a garage sale.

calliaume:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on September 08, 2024, 03:06:28 PM ---I think my most-wanted at this point would be Money Maze.  Considering it's Score that did that, it's surprising nothing's turned up for it.

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Great music package all the way around. Recycled for The Guinness Game and (very briefly) Match Game ‘76ish (presumably somebody recognized it).

“Chump Change” is also my phone ringtone (although its Cosby connection makes me uneasy). I would make Jackpot’s “The Jet Set” my ringtone if I ever figure out how to make one and install it.

Blanquepage:

--- Quote from: Loogaroo on September 07, 2024, 09:18:39 PM ---The closing theme to Super Password is one of the brightest, most cheerful pieces of music I've ever heard. I remember when the '80s TV Theme SuperSite first came online - I made a beeline for that clip.

--- End quote ---

Oh I agree with this one, I'd be surprised if anyone can hear it and miss the joy.
Especially in the piano. Seems that the underlying spark in a number of notable themes is in the drowned-out the piano or guitar, at least to me.
Not a lost cue, but another little thing I made that expresses it differently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version