Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR overnight changes 9/24 - Some fine returnees  (Read 1440 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
BUZZR overnight changes 9/24 - Some fine returnees
« on: September 10, 2024, 11:05:00 AM »
The Newlywed Game departs and the cycled and recycled black and white episodes get a rest.

All times EST:

Midnight - 1AM: Password Plus
1-2: Body Language
2-3: Blockbusters '82
3-4: Concentration '76
4-5: TTTT '74
5-6: WML '68

Looks like M-F episodes won't repeat on weekends. Concentration will start in the same spot as when it debuted with #971, and Blockbusters with #293. Maybe we'll finally get to the last 60 of the series this time? Regardless, nice to see these back!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: BUZZR overnight changes 9/24 - Some fine returnees
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2024, 12:47:12 PM »
Over in daytime, Press Your Luck just began another new-to-Buzzr run this week, which continues for at least three weeks. And we inch ever closer to seeing the final weeks of that series -- there will be fewer than 100 episodes remaining.

(Although Buzzr is going to be jumping over individual PYL episodes more frequently than usual this time around. I haven't tried to determine whether it's because of quality control issues or simply because the episodes already aired as part of some special theme week years ago.)

I haven't been paying close attention to Classic Concentration, but I think it's also currently in another new-to-Buzzer run. Episode 1,000 will air on September 23, and while I know Buzzr hasn't aired all 1,000 of those episodes, it's still amazing to me how popular the show has been on the network.

Winkfan

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2024, 04:50:05 PM »
the cycled and recycled black and white episodes get a rest.

[King Leonardo]CONFOUNDIT!!!!![/kl]  >:(

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

tyshaun1

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2024, 11:43:55 PM »
(Although Buzzr is going to be jumping over individual PYL episodes more frequently than usual this time around. I haven't tried to determine whether it's because of quality control issues or simply because the episodes already aired as part of some special theme week years ago.)
The ones they're skipping are ones that already aired in previous marathons, but 3 are shows that GSN skipped as well, which means they must be damaged beyond repair. It concerns me that perhaps the episodes from 696-forward really may not be in good condition.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 09:19:52 AM by tyshaun1 »

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2024, 09:10:18 AM »

I haven't been paying close attention to Classic Concentration, but I think it's also currently in another new-to-Buzzer run. Episode 1,000 will air on September 23, and while I know Buzzr hasn't aired all 1,000 of those episodes, it's still amazing to me how popular the show has been on the network.

Agreed, and I have to wonder if Fremantle does research on this, looking for titles to recycle.

It's been 30+ years since CC - and no reboot?  (I know NBC was flirting with it for 9am years back. We don't need to rehash that bit of info.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2024, 09:47:14 PM »
Part of me had always held out a small hope that Buzzr and Sony would continue the Newlywed licensing deal and, if absolutely nothing else, dip back to the 80s version - what is (at least until the format change a few months before Eubanks left) by far my favorite relationship-based game show ever put to tape. Bob's still got a lot of that same mischievousness of the older versions, while the content itself isn't as horribly dated (or, often, sexist or assuming the wife was always dumb(er)), similar to the 90s run. It's the best iteration of the show, and I'd have loved for it to turn up.

Still, happy to see Blockbusters back (really hoping they finish the run in '82, then cycle back to those first 20ish weeks they've never run), and a sign of life for Concentration is always welcome, as is more PYL '86.