The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

A 5-Episode Game Show Sampler

<< < (4/5) > >>

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on September 19, 2024, 08:39:06 AM ---This thread is honestly super helpful, since I've been exposing my girlfriend to many different game shows over the years with varying degrees of success.

--- End quote ---

I did the same thing with my girlfriend (now my wife), and one of the critiques I remember from her was when I showed her Child's Play. Have you ever showed your girlfriend that? My S.O. didn't like it because she thought it moved too slow (a valid point).

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on September 19, 2024, 08:54:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on September 19, 2024, 08:39:06 AM ---This thread is honestly super helpful, since I've been exposing my girlfriend to many different game shows over the years with varying degrees of success.

--- End quote ---

I did the same thing with my girlfriend (now my wife), and one of the critiques I remember from her was when I showed her Child's Play. Have you ever showed your girlfriend that? My S.O. didn't like it because she thought it moved too slow (a valid point).

--- End quote ---

I showed it to her once and she thought it was hilarious, but I remember her not wanting to watch it again afterwards. I don't remember whether pacing was the issue.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on September 19, 2024, 08:54:35 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
This might need to become a new thread, but I did the same by showing my lady The New Treasure Hunt. She thought it was funny, but a little mean-spirited.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 19, 2024, 09:00:45 AM ---This might need to become a new thread, but I did the same by showing my lady The New Treasure Hunt. She thought it was funny, but a little mean-spirited.

--- End quote ---

Good idea. I'll spin it off.

Strikerz04:
I did this with a friend of mine, who is a big fan of 1980's and 90's Nostalgia:

* Sale of the Century: Primarily the lot wins from the first Syndicated Season - just from the simplicity of selling stuff that none of us (in the mid-2020s) would ever need. Tony's episodes might work here too.
* Match Game PM: It was my gateway to the series when I watched GSN for the first time (c. 1999). I would choose any of the first three seasons with Brett, Charles, and Richard (nod to BillCullen1)
* Wheel of Fortune: Any shopping episode with Chuck or Syndie episodes featuring a Jackpot win.
* $25,000 Pyramid: Getting anyone going and playing along is simple enough.
* Press Your Luck: Some say the Larson episodes, I say any episode with a Spin Battle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version