Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barry Joker's Wild Mystery Category ?  (Read 253 times)

wdm1219inpenna

Barry Joker's Wild Mystery Category ?
« on: Today at 07:16:35 AM »
I do not ever recall seeing this happened but I'm wondering what if...

Jack had 7 questions in front of his podium for the Mystery category which paid off double the dollar value.

What would have happened had all 7 questions been used up and someone spun the Mystery category and wanted to play it?

KrisW73

Re: Barry Joker's Wild Mystery Category ?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:03:05 AM »

Jack had 7 questions in front of his podium for the Mystery category which paid off double the dollar value.

What would have happened had all 7 questions been used up and someone spun the Mystery category and wanted to play it?

Speculation here - when Jim Peck subbed for Bill Cullen there were stopdowns as Jim was much faster than Bill so Jim would exhaust the question stacks provided to him and they needed to be refreshed. My guess is quick stopdown, throw a new seven cards on the podium and pick it up.

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:37:36 AM »

Speculation here - when Jim Peck subbed for Bill Cullen there were stopdowns as Jim was much faster than Bill so Jim would exhaust the question stacks provided to him and they needed to be refreshed. My guess is quick stopdown, throw a new seven cards on the podium and pick it up.

Or just throw to a commercial break, and come back with another full rack of Mystery Qs and a short "while you were away..." explanation.

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:17:56 PM »
as Jim was much faster than Bill

Apropos of nothing, *STILL* one of my favorite bits of game show minutiae is that there was an episode of Cullen TJW where only one question was asked for the entire show.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:20:55 PM »
Apropos of nothing, *STILL* one of my favorite bits of game show minutiae is that there was an episode of Cullen TJW where only one question was asked for the entire show.

Huh?  How is that even possible?  I must be out of the loop on that one because it's the first I've heard of that.  Is there a link to it anywhere?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:55:22 PM »
Huh?  How is that even possible?  I must be out of the loop on that one because it's the first I've heard of that.  Is there a link to it anywhere?

While I've never seen the episode, I know others can vouch for me / correct me on this. But I'm pretty sure the sequence went:

* Bonus round
* Main game - 3 jokers came up, question asked, game was won
* Bonus round
* Audience game

rjaguar3

« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:06:00 PM »

While I've never seen the episode, I know others can vouch for me / correct me on this. But I'm pretty sure the sequence went:

* Bonus round
* Bonus round
* Audience game

This is how it's accounted for in Adam Nedeff's Quizmaster (p. 486).

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: Today at 05:02:25 PM »

* Bonus round
* Bonus round
* Audience game

Add to that a leisurely interview of the champion at the top of show, then another one with the oncoming challenger.  The audience game is a fun way to ride off into the sunset on a Friday but for a show that's supposed to be fast-action and chock-a-block full of quiz questions, the audience game taking up the final segment was a stake in the heart.
Travis L. Eberle