The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Barry Joker's Wild Mystery Category ?

(1/5) > >>

wdm1219inpenna:
I do not ever recall seeing this happened but I'm wondering what if...

Jack had 7 questions in front of his podium for the Mystery category which paid off double the dollar value.

What would have happened had all 7 questions been used up and someone spun the Mystery category and wanted to play it?

KrisW73:

--- Quote from: wdm1219inpenna on September 19, 2024, 07:16:35 AM ---I do not ever recall seeing this happened but I'm wondering what if...

Jack had 7 questions in front of his podium for the Mystery category which paid off double the dollar value.

What would have happened had all 7 questions been used up and someone spun the Mystery category and wanted to play it?

--- End quote ---

Speculation here - when Jim Peck subbed for Bill Cullen there were stopdowns as Jim was much faster than Bill so Jim would exhaust the question stacks provided to him and they needed to be refreshed. My guess is quick stopdown, throw a new seven cards on the podium and pick it up.

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: KrisW73 on September 19, 2024, 08:03:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: wdm1219inpenna on September 19, 2024, 07:16:35 AM ---I do not ever recall seeing this happened but I'm wondering what if...

--- End quote ---

Speculation here - when Jim Peck subbed for Bill Cullen there were stopdowns as Jim was much faster than Bill so Jim would exhaust the question stacks provided to him and they needed to be refreshed. My guess is quick stopdown, throw a new seven cards on the podium and pick it up.

--- End quote ---

Or just throw to a commercial break, and come back with another full rack of Mystery Qs and a short "while you were away..." explanation.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: KrisW73 on September 19, 2024, 08:03:05 AM ---as Jim was much faster than Bill

--- End quote ---

Apropos of nothing, *STILL* one of my favorite bits of game show minutiae is that there was an episode of Cullen TJW where only one question was asked for the entire show.

Ian Wallis:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on September 19, 2024, 03:17:56 PM ---Apropos of nothing, *STILL* one of my favorite bits of game show minutiae is that there was an episode of Cullen TJW where only one question was asked for the entire show.

--- End quote ---

Huh?  How is that even possible?  I must be out of the loop on that one because it's the first I've heard of that.  Is there a link to it anywhere?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version