The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Showing our shows to friends/significant others who aren't fans....

(1/4) > >>

aaron sica:
....what was their take on them? This can be any show but particularly ones that they might not have heard of before you showed it to them.

Spinning this off from the 5 episode list thread.

Dbacksfan12:
I have a good friend, who secretly enjoys game shows.  I had great success with USA’s block of originals from the 80s—Jackpot, Bumper Stumpers, and Chain Reaction.  Discussing this with other forum members; the conclusion was there’s plenty of engagement and play-along.

OTOH, she made it through about 90 seconds of Whew! before requesting another show.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on September 19, 2024, 09:22:18 AM ---OTOH, she made it through about 90 seconds of Whew! before requesting another show.

--- End quote ---

What didn't she like about it? Unlike Child's Play, which I had mentioned moves slow, Whew! is pretty fast moving.

Dbacksfan12:
This was a couple of years ago, but IIRC it was a bit too quirky and esoteric.  I don’t think the animated opening helped much.

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on September 19, 2024, 10:36:17 AM ---This was a couple of years ago, but IIRC it was a bit too quirky and esoteric.  I don’t think the animated opening helped much.
--- End quote ---
It's certainly a deep cut and also not for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version