Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Woman of the Hour" movie to air October 18 on Netflix  (Read 1161 times)

Bob Zager

"Woman of the Hour" movie to air October 18 on Netflix
« on: September 23, 2024, 12:20:33 PM »
Here is one report confirming it:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/woman-of-the-hour-trailer-anna-kendrick-netflix-1236004485/

When you scroll on down, you'll be able to view the "Official Teaser."

And here on YouTube is the "Official Trailer":

Jamey Greek

Re: "Woman of the Hour" movie to air October 18 on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2024, 07:01:46 PM »
Two game show related movies debuted at TIFF.  This and The Luckiest Man in America you know it is funny, I envisioned a movie like that with Steve Gutenberg playing Jim Lange.

brianhenke

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2024, 07:58:23 PM »
The TDG logo or set is not the one we know...I guess they didn't get the rights.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2024, 08:42:04 PM »
The TDG logo or set is not the one we know...I guess they didn't get the rights.
Never mind the fact the name of the show is plastered everywhere.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 10:17:04 PM by Dbacksfan12 »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Bob Zager

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2024, 03:29:12 PM »
I'm a little confused, but the movie is confirmed to be premiering on Netflix, October 18, however the film distributor's (VVS Films) official website says it will be in theaters on October 11.  I've wondered do they mean Canadian theaters only?

https://vvsfilms.com/movie/woman-of-the-hour/

A little more confusing is many sites listing the actors and roles don't list Tony Hale as Jim Lange.  One of the most reliable sites, IMDb, lists his character as "Ed".  The other sites I've looked at don't mention any name, nor simply something like "Host".  BTW, Tony Hale also appeared in the film Quiz Lady as Ben Franklin.

The turnaround time from the TIFF screening date, to the Netflix premiere date is over 13 months, which leads me to think "The Luckiest Man in America," may not be in theaters/streaming for at least a year from now.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2024, 03:34:03 PM »
I'm a little confused, but the movie is confirmed to be premiering on Netflix, October 18, however the film distributor's official website says it will be in theaters on October 11.  I've wondered do they mean Canadian theaters only?
Ever since the world reopened a few years ago this seems to be the new normal: in theaters for a month or so, streaming at some point within that time frame. We saw “Trap” last month, and a couple weeks later I saw an ad for it on Prime Video.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Bob Zager

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2024, 02:15:37 PM »
At the official Netflix site, they are now showing a different "trailer" for the movie:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81728818

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2024, 03:00:54 PM »
I'm a little confused, but the movie is confirmed to be premiering on Netflix, October 18, however the film distributor's (VVS Films) official website says it will be in theaters on October 11.  I've wondered do they mean Canadian theaters only?

Netflix often spend a week in theatres first to satisfy Oscar rules. 
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2024, 07:13:49 PM »
I'm a little confused, but the movie is confirmed to be premiering on Netflix, October 18, however the film distributor's official website says it will be in theaters on October 11.  I've wondered do they mean Canadian theaters only?
Ever since the world reopened a few years ago this seems to be the new normal: in theaters for a month or so, streaming at some point within that time frame. We saw “Trap” last month, and a couple weeks later I saw an ad for it on Prime Video.

Toward the end of the Hollywood/Blockbuster Video era, you could start renting new movies almost as fast -- or buying them at your local retailer.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2024, 10:30:53 PM »

Toward the end of the Hollywood/Blockbuster Video era, you could start renting new movies almost as fast -- or buying them at your local retailer.
I remember very well. It surprised me a bit because I always equated a quick home release with a flop, so it took me a minute to unlearn that mindset. :P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!