The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Would it work on radio too?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Nick:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 24, 2024, 06:09:33 PM ---Hear me out: Feud but with single players instead of teams. At most, three players per team but people in the background can help. Instead of the faceoff, do a coin flip for control. Or have both callers on the line, and whoever says their name first gets to guess. Higher answer gets to play or pass. Maybe limit the board to five answers.
--- End quote ---

A radio station at which I used to work used to its own rendition of Feud (introed with the Combs theme and using the appropriate sound effects).  It was more simplified than what you described (just two callers, whoever got through first got first crack at guessing one of the top five answers on the board.  It was just one guess per player, and whoever's was higher on the board won a little prize), though I like what you described for making it more of a true game of Feud.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on September 24, 2024, 06:53:01 PM ---I think Pyramid is the perfect game show for radio.
--- End quote ---

Good God no. 

Just because something is theoretically capable of being played by contestants on the radio doesn't make it a good radio program.  A listener would be completely lost without being able to see the items being described.

You could try and make the argument that a listener could "play along at home" with the clues that are being given, but I can guarantee you that would get old fast.  Pyramid isn't even a good game to play on the radio, much less a "perfect" one.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on September 24, 2024, 06:53:01 PM ---I think Pyramid is the perfect game show for radio.

--- End quote ---

About as good as Concentration would be.

wdm1219inpenna:
One could argue Pyramid would work.  As I recall on one special episode they played with two blind contestants for an entire episode.

Was Name That Tune an original radio concept?  I'd think that could still work on radio.

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: wdm1219inpenna on September 25, 2024, 07:47:49 AM ---Was Name That Tune an original radio concept?  I'd think that could still work on radio.

--- End quote ---

NTT debuted on TV, but Stop the Music was a massive hit on radio in the late 40s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version