The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Would it work on radio too?

<< < (5/7) > >>

Joe Mello:
I think of the games that were created in the age of Color TV onward, the one that would work best might be Pass The Buck. There's not a lot of information that needs to be conveyed at any one time (the main game pot doesn't really matter in the grand scheme) and the game doesn't rely on visuals to get its point across.

Neumms:
On KFAN, the sports station in Minneapolis, one show has Password every Friday. Station personalities form the pairs. The clue receivers are asked to turn their headsets off when the game host (the producer) says in properly hushed voice, “the password is….” It really works well.

The Joker’s Wild would work on radio.

Steve Gavazzi:

--- Quote from: Neumms on September 26, 2024, 02:18:12 AM ---The Joker’s Wild would work on radio.
--- End quote ---

Yes, because there's nothing quite as exciting as listening to a game that's centered on spinning a slot machine that you can't see.

colonial:
Traveling through the Philadelphia area back in the day, I could catch the audio of WPVI on 87.7 FM as the station was classified as channel 6, as it was common to get signals from channel 6 on commercial radios on said frequency.

I heard 2-3 episodes of Ken Jennings's initial J! run on the radio through the WPVI audio signal. To be honest, I thought it was easy to follow and a nice way to play along.

JD

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: colonial on September 26, 2024, 08:17:11 AM ---Traveling through the Philadelphia area back in the day, I could catch the audio of WPVI on 87.7 FM as the station was classified as channel 6, as it was common to get signals from channel 6 on commercial radios on said frequency.

--- End quote ---

I believe that some of those stations (WPVI included) advertised this fact, as people could listen to the news.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version