The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Would it work on radio too?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Eric Paddon:
Audio recordings of the original Match Game show that it can work quite well as a listen only experience.   Password could work fine so long as you had the announcer's "The Password is....." voiceover.   I have an ABC Password after that had been eliminated where it's almost impossible to follow.

"What's My Line?" actually had a separate radio version created after the show's debut in 1952 and ran for a season on NBC Radio (different sponsor as well).  An announcer would tell the listening audience the occupation and a panelist would give a detailed physical description of the contestant prior to game play (a radio version of the "walk of shame" that was used in the early years of the show where a contestant would walk in front of the panel before game play so we could have such inanities like Dorothy asking to see a contestant's hands or Arlene or Bennett asking a contestant to flex a muscle or some other thing they hoped might give them a clue).   Only one episode of this radio version is in circulation though the Library of Congress has some more.   Arlene guest hosted a couple of the radio shows (something she never did on TV).

In later years, Armed Forces Radio would play audio only episodes of WML drawn from the TV soundtrack with an announcer mentioning the occupation and the Mystery Guest.

BrandonFG:
Hear me out: Feud but with single players instead of teams. At most, three players per team but people in the background can help. Instead of the faceoff, do a coin flip for control. Or have both callers on the line, and whoever says their name first gets to guess. Higher answer gets to play or pass. Maybe limit the board to five answers.

I'm also tossing around how to do Millionaire, but with Ask the Office (basically no more than five other people at the station), Ask the Expert (the resident trivia buff at the station or even better one of the cohosts or staff members), and 50/50. Ask the Office might be a little time-consuming, but maybe give them :10 to write their answers on a dry-erase board.

BillCullen1:
I think Pyramid is the perfect game show for radio. Other possibilities include Family Feud, Card Sharks, Trivia Trap and possibly Child's Play from the Mark Goodson camp. Most of Bob Stewart's shows would work on the radio like Jackpot, Chain Reaction, Double Talk.

JasonA1:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on September 24, 2024, 06:53:01 PM ---I think Pyramid is the perfect game show for radio.

--- End quote ---

We've definitely played it for years on voice chat software, but it's far better when you can gesture in the main game and otherwise use visual cues in every other facet of playing.

-Jason

parliboy:
One would think that most music-based games would slide into this.  Something like Keynotes would fit in great here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version