Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would it work on radio too?  (Read 1455 times)

SuperMatch93

Re: Would it work on radio too?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2024, 12:35:10 AM »
Going way off the board here, but I think Oh My Word / Take My Word For It could be a fun comedic radio game. The 3 co-hosts invite a celebrity to play for charity for $X per correct definition. Insert fun banter between words...maybe on NPR?  ;D

I've always thought that Call My Bluff deserved another chance in the US.

/maybe they could call the revival Words Have Meanings  :)
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

carlisle96

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2024, 03:27:05 PM »
I'm doing research as I type this, but as an elementary school student, I have a memory of hearing both Password and Linkletter's House Party on radio. WKZO Kalamazoo was a major affiliate. CBS ran edited versions of the TV audio. Wikipedia has House Party listed as airing on CBS radio from 1950 to 1967, and this would be right about 1964. Anyone else have info on this?

House Party was on radio from 1944 until 1967. I have a recording of the last radio show. It was the audio track of the TV show edited down to 20 minutes.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:01:17 AM »
Going way off the board here, but I think Oh My Word / Take My Word For It could be a fun comedic radio game. The 3 co-hosts invite a celebrity to play for charity for $X per correct definition. Insert fun banter between words...maybe on NPR?  ;D

Do you mean "Oh My Word" from the '60s with Jim Lange? That would work, but you'd probably want to spell the words for the radio audience.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:16:27 AM by chris319 »