The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Longest Surviving Main Theme Songs...

<< < (3/3)

Jeremy Nelson:

--- Quote from: DYosua on September 26, 2024, 11:12:01 AM ---If we include foreign shows, UK Countdown has been using the same melody for almost 42 consecutive years, with only a couple reorchestrations during that time.

--- End quote ---
I'd go a step further and include University Challenge in that list. Same melody and all since 1963, save for seven years from 87 to 94 when it was off the air. I miss the jaunty 1960s/70s version.

Ian Wallis:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on September 26, 2024, 05:02:01 PM ---Seems like there was an unwritten rule that nearly all 1980's reboots had to use different music.

--- End quote ---

For some of them it's too bad - Now You See It resurrects the exact same theme 15 years later, but Tattletales changes their music after just a four-year hiatus.  I always thought the '70s music package for Tattletales was stronger.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on September 27, 2024, 12:32:23 AM ---I always thought the '70s music package for Tattletales was stronger.

--- End quote ---

I'm just the opposite. The '70s theme sounds like it could have been used on TPiR, but I love the 80s theme for how peppy it is.

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: Ian Wallis on September 27, 2024, 12:32:23 AM ---Now You See It resurrects the exact same theme 15 years later, but Tattletales changes their music after just a four-year hiatus.  I always thought the '70s music package for Tattletales was stronger.

--- End quote ---

I thought that was odd, too, since Tattletales had an almost identical set in both runs. I'm a huge fan of both themes, though. Immense fondness for the 70s tune, particularly the B section. I'd love to hear an orchestral version of the 70s theme, but the 80s is (as the kids say), a bop. (Do the kids, in fact, still say "bop"?)

SuperMatch93:
Usually the say "banger" these days. At least, in my experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version