The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Longest Surviving Main Theme Songs...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Chief-O:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 25, 2024, 05:37:43 PM ---Same for LMaD. Dunno if it was used from Day One in 1963 but I found a 1968 episode with the theme, which was updated over the years up to the Canadian version. The Brady version's used that theme for at least a decade, so I dunno where that ranks on the all-time list.

--- End quote ---

The 1984 theme actually begins with a brief call-out to the old theme, before it all goes its own direction. I could say the same for the Canadian theme as well.

DYosua:
If we include foreign shows, UK Countdown has been using the same melody for almost 42 consecutive years, with only a couple reorchestrations during that time.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Chief-O on September 26, 2024, 10:00:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 25, 2024, 05:37:43 PM ---Same for LMaD. Dunno if it was used from Day One in 1963 but I found a 1968 episode with the theme, which was updated over the years up to the Canadian version. The Brady version's used that theme for at least a decade, so I dunno where that ranks on the all-time list.

--- End quote ---

The 1984 theme actually begins with a brief call-out to the old theme, before it all goes its own direction. I could say the same for the Canadian theme as well.

--- End quote ---
How it took me this many years to figure that out, I’ll never know but now I can’t unhear the melody. Those opening notes always reminded me of the Lorimar-Telepictures jingle.

carlisle96:
The syndicated To Tell the Truth...an instrumental version was used for the 1990 NBC run

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: carlisle96 on September 26, 2024, 12:28:28 PM ---The syndicated To Tell the Truth...an instrumental version was used for the 1990 NBC run

--- End quote ---

However  Robin Ward's version of TTTT put a wedge between the Moore/Garagiola and Elliott/Swann/Trebek versions.

Seems like there was an unwritten rule that nearly all 1980's reboots had to use different music.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version