The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

New interview with Holly Hallstrom

<< < (2/2)

Dbacksfan12:

--- Quote from: tyshaun1 on September 29, 2024, 03:25:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: cmjb13 on September 29, 2024, 01:50:44 PM ---The comment about Goodson no longer having control was interesting…

--- Quote --- Blindsided, Hallstrom called Goodson's office and demanded to meet with him. In person, she says, he confessed that Barker and Parkinson were the ones behind the threat. "Listen," Goodson told her. "I know Barker is sleeping with Dian. I know Dian hates you with a passion. And she is filling his head during the pillow talk." There was nothing, he added, that he could do to help her. "I no longer control the show," he said. "Barker seized control of it."
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Plus, didn't Barker force Marc Breslow out and make himself EP when Frank Wayne passed?

--- End quote ---
I’m hoping someone can tie all of this together…exactly what leverage did Barker have at the time, being solely the emcee?  Was this around the same time Goodson was threatening to take Price to another network, or am I mixing two different stories?

BillCullen1:
I'm glad that Holly stood up for herself and eventually won, but boy, the price she had to pay for that.

I attended a Price taping in October 1995. I saw two shows. As it turned out, they were doing the Christmas shows that week. The new game was Split Decision. This was right at the time Holly was dismissed. During a break, someone asked Barker where Holly was. His response was "Holly retired. She hasn't been with us all season." After about three seconds of awkward silence, he said "Any other questions?' with a look on his face like "Dear God, SOMEONE ask another question."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version