Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rich Fields' home suffers major damage in Florida flooding  (Read 1127 times)

Matt Ottinger

Rich Fields' home suffers major damage in Florida flooding
« on: September 29, 2024, 07:10:39 PM »
First, yes, of course MANY people have suffered in the wake of Hurricane Helene, and if you were in the storm's path, directly or indirectly, I hope you and your loved ones are OK.  Still, this seems somewhat noteworthy to game show fans.  From his wife on Facebook:

Good afternoon my FB friends. As many of you may know, I live on Clearwater Beach. By now you’ve all seen the devastation that hurricane 🌀 Helene brought here to the west coast of Florida & the Tampa Bay area Thursday night. 😐 I wanted to let you all know Rich & I are safe, however our home was completely flooded. Basically everything inside was destroyed. It appears we took on as much as 3-4 feet of water in some areas of the house, and I’d guess 2-3 feet everywhere. We are devastated😔. It’s very traumatic event to go through. I think I’m in shock, but you kind of just go on autopilot. You just jump in & work & (attempt) to clean & salvage what you can. But I can’t even put into words how it feels to see your whole house destroyed in a matter of hours. It’s a sickening feeling of both rage & emotional pain. A fear of what’s ahead. And… a feeling of “where is home when suddenly you don’t have one”. 😔
So prayers are appreciated. God Bless you all!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: Rich Fields' home suffers major damage in Florida flooding
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2024, 09:29:36 PM »
Has Rich found work after being let go from his previous gig?

That's rough. One wonders what happened to his TPIR memorabilia.

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2024, 09:23:53 AM »
One wonders what happened to his TPIR memorabilia.

Rich said on Facebook that the only salvage memorabilia were hanging on his wall that were unaffected by water
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jamey Greek

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2024, 06:38:30 PM »

He has been touring working as a motivational speaker.  He has retired from broadcasting.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2024, 06:55:50 PM »

He has been touring working as a motivational speaker.  He has retired from broadcasting.

Why do you delete your posts saying he's now a speaker and repost the same thing?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2024, 07:30:20 PM »

Why do you delete your posts saying he's now a speaker and repost the same thing?
Because he has no concept of an edit button.
--Mark
Phil 4:13