Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Short-lived shows that were rebooted  (Read 1184 times)

bulldog_06

Re: Short-lived shows that were rebooted
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2024, 12:17:58 AM »
Would "Jackpot" work? Granted, the NBC version lasted over a year and a half. The USA/Global Network run was three seasons long and then added another year in syndication.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2024, 12:40:58 PM »
Would "Jackpot" work? Granted, the NBC version lasted over a year and a half. The USA/Global Network run was three seasons long and then added another year in syndication.
From the very first post:
What are some of the more short-lived shows to get a revival? For this thread we’ll say under 12 months.
So no, it doesn’t work.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2024, 01:52:06 PM »
Would "Second Chance" as "Press Your Luck" count?  There's enough common ground between the two .
I don't see why not. Same for He Said/She Said.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2024, 05:29:32 PM »

Hollywood Showdown lasted over a year, give or take.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2024, 06:14:46 PM »
I would figure if Battlestars qualified, wouldn’t Break the Bank also? Or is the addition of a bonus to the syndicated edition different?(considering the format otherwise stayed the same unlike Battlestars)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2024, 06:36:41 PM »
I would figure if Battlestars qualified, wouldn’t Break the Bank also? Or is the addition of a bonus to the syndicated edition different?(considering the format otherwise stayed the same unlike Battlestars)
I'd call it a counterpart. Even though the daytime version was cancelled that summer, I wager the syndicated version was in the works for a while, maybe even before the Kennedy version premiered.

(goes to the Broadcasting magazine archive)

The syndicated version was actually announced first, with the daytime show "under consideration".
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2024, 06:38:01 PM »

I wouldn't put Break the Bank on there...in a way, it's part of the same run.  The syndicated version was pitched and sold first, then ABC picked it up for daytime.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2024, 06:38:47 PM »
I'd call it a counterpart. Even though the daytime version was cancelled that summer, I wager the syndicated version was in the works for a while, maybe even before the Kennedy version premiered.

The syndicated version was actually announced first, with the daytime show "under consideration".

Whoops...posted at almost the same time :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2024, 06:50:29 PM »
Great minds... :)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

That Don Guy

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2024, 09:18:07 PM »
Does Child's Play count as a revival of Everybody's/Hollywood's Talking?

Also, Reach for the Stars had a Spanish-language version on what is now Univision, Baje un Estrella.

tyshaun1

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:41:16 AM »
Does Child's Play count as a revival of Everybody's/Hollywood's Talking?
Considering they were produced by two different companies, no. In that vein, I would say Small Talk was more of a revival of Child's Play anyway.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #26 on: Today at 04:38:31 PM »

Whoops...posted at almost the same time :)

Either way, this I did not know. So both of you get a thank you. 🙂
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022