Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Shows on Rolling Stone's TV Episodes List?  (Read 106 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Game Shows on Rolling Stone's TV Episodes List?
« on: October 03, 2024, 08:57:59 PM »
A month ago, Rolling Stone put out a list of the 100 best TV episodes of all time. It's a fine list, a typically subjective affair meant to provoke others' opinions on what should've been included from a certain show or what should've been in period. It's a good discussion to have on its own, but I thought about it from a game show perspective. If they included episodes of game shows on this list, what standout episode would you choose?

I ask this and start this thread realizing that in general game shows don't have standout episodes as a whole, but standout moments. So, I don't expect there to be many choices, but I've come up with several I think would qualify and am curious what else people can come up.

Two examples I had were:

- John Carpenter's Millionaire Run. That was truly an iconic moment that had everyone talking at the time.
- The 35th season premiere of The Price is Right. While it didn't have the impact of Millionaire, it was such a grand way to open what ended up being Bob's last season and the ending was so impressively unbelievable. I'll never forget it.

Like I said, I have more, but will see if you guys come up with them.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Game Shows on Rolling Stone's TV Episodes List?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2024, 09:20:23 PM »
Stempel v. Van Doren, Michael Larson, any of several options for Jeopardy, Keefe F’s $100,000 win.

Good points about the TPIR 35th. I might argue that any of several Millionaire players would suffice.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

BrandonFG

Re: Game Shows on Rolling Stone's TV Episodes List?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2024, 09:37:30 PM »
Mark DeCarlo's final appearance on $ale comes to mind, and I'm sure there are several lot wins.

Ken's 75th episode of J!

"YOU FOOL!"
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!