Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Photos  (Read 1458 times)

carlisle96

Game Show Photos
« on: October 06, 2024, 01:46:48 PM »
Are there any rare or previously unseen photos of game show sets or behind-the-scenes you'd like to see? I'd be interested in seeing the back of the Concentration board and, if it exists, The $10,000 Pyramid before the bottom four boxes were covered up.

SamJ93

Re: Game Show Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2024, 02:52:29 PM »
Has there ever been a photo released of what the board looked like from the contestant's POV during the Scrabble Sprint round?
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2024, 04:12:28 PM »
Obviously, the back of the original 1980s Press Your Luck gameboard.

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2024, 06:44:44 PM »
Are there any rare or previously unseen photos of game show sets or behind-the-scenes you'd like to see? I'd be interested in seeing the back of the Concentration board and, if it exists, The $10,000 Pyramid before the bottom four boxes were covered up.

One of the few memories I have of watching Bob Clayton's Concentration as a snot-nosed kid was that one time Bob and a camera went behind the board for a look-see.  I don't remember what the occasion was for or why they did it, or for how long they spent behind the board, but I will say with 90% certainty they did some sort of "peek" behind the board at least once.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2024, 10:08:28 PM »
I’d kind of like to see the bidding-buttons panels on the THREE ON A MATCH desks.
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2024, 10:15:24 PM »
I've always been curious about the in-studio strike indicators on Feud. Richard and Ray alluded to them every so often.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2024, 02:36:23 AM »
I've always been curious about the in-studio strike indicators on Feud. Richard and Ray alluded to them every so often.

Those are visible on every show -- they're the three dots seen above the family doors in the opening. They're easier to spot on the Combs version, because that set had a lighter color in that area. There's at least one show open, probably more, in which the strike lights were accidentally left on. Predictably, at least for Combs, they were red bulbs.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2024, 09:23:46 AM »
I always wondered about the dots. That makes sense.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Mr. Matté

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2024, 10:23:15 AM »
Has there ever been a photo released of what the board looked like from the contestant's POV during the Scrabble Sprint round?

Sometimes as the big cube is spinning in the commercial intro/outro you can see the Sprint side come into place. Looks like the line of letters is on the top and the two shuffle letters right below it; makes sense since the contestants are always looking in generally the same place as they call out the letters to place. Don't know where the clock display is, if it's even on this board at all.

carlisle96

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2024, 02:20:32 PM »

One of the few memories I have of watching Bob Clayton's Concentration as a snot-nosed kid was that one time Bob and a camera went behind the board for a look-see.  I don't remember what the occasion was for or why they did it, or for how long they spent behind the board, but I will say with 90% certainty they did some sort of "peek" behind the board at least once.

I hope that episode exists somewhere out there