Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Match Game Murder Mystery Show  (Read 531 times)

rebelwrest

A Match Game Murder Mystery Show
« on: October 14, 2024, 09:01:54 PM »
No, I'm serious

I was driving back from a trip, and at the Tamarack in Beckley, WV, they're going to have a Match Game themed Murder Mystery show.  Dinner is included (and the food is fantastic there) and you can attempt to solve this mystery.  So if you're within nine to ten hours of Beckley, WV, why don't you fill in the blanks and solve a MURDER!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.simpletix.com/e/murder-mystery-a-murderous-match-game-tickets-188971

I was laughing as I was typing that last paragraph. To garner some serious discussion, what's the weirdest thing you've ever seen that was game show themed?  I would go, but I'm heading on a trip that night. However, I think I already know the solution: It was committed in the game room with the revolver, and it was done by Alec Baldwin

\I apologize for that last line
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Mr. Matté

Re: A Match Game Murder Mystery Show
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 09:55:06 PM »
However, I think I already know the solution:

Brett's husband already had the answer-- "IT WAS MURDAH, SAM!!!1"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 10:10:49 PM »
To garner some serious discussion, what's the weirdest thing you've ever seen that was game show themed?
In 2015, the SF Giants Triple-A team had a "Legends of the Hidden Temple" themed jersey night.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2024, 11:02:42 PM »
To garner some serious discussion, what's the weirdest thing you've ever seen that was game show themed?
In 2015, the SF Giants Triple-A team had a "Legends of the Hidden Temple" themed jersey night.
So did the Lake County Captains (Indians low-A ball affiliate at the time, now Guardians high-A team) back in 2016.  I have 4 signed game-used jerseys from that night in the closet of my office.  The jerseys look similar to those linked in Mark's reply, but they are Blue Barracuda-themed.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2024, 11:52:23 PM »
I was driving back from a trip, and at the Tamarack in Beckley, WV, they're going to have a Match Game themed Murder Mystery show.

Obligatory Saturday Night Live link:

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2024, 07:08:17 AM »
No, I'm serious

I was driving back from a trip, and at the Tamarack in Beckley, WV, they're going to have a Match Game themed Murder Mystery show.

Good lord, I lived in Beckley 30 years ago, when they opened Tamarack up. You would have thought they moved the Taj Majal to WV......

How big was it? They got a celebrity to show up for autographs.....Beckley's own .... Bob Denver.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

rebelwrest

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2024, 09:30:30 AM »
Good lord, I lived in Beckley 30 years ago, when they opened Tamarack up. You would have thought they moved the Taj Majal to WV......

How big was it? They got a celebrity to show up for autographs.....Beckley's own .... Bob Denver.

I'm a native West Virginian, and a former job of mine took me by Beckley every other month.  We thought it was going to be a money pit, but it turned out quite well.  Some of the best food in the state is cooked up there and it's a wonderful showcase of items made in West Virginia.  The only downside is that you have to travel on the West Virginia Turnpike.

\This trip I picked up some homemade soap and homemade potato chips.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2024, 10:56:52 AM »

Do you mean that time I spent my entire vacation working on a game show set on the roof of a former Mercedes dealership in midtown Manhattan? ;)
czambo@mac.com