Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Features of a set you never noticed...  (Read 1306 times)

aaron sica

Features of a set you never noticed...
« on: October 07, 2024, 09:57:29 AM »
Spinning this off from the "Game Show Photos" thread...the three little lights above the family name on "Family Feud" to show the number of strikes was something I've never noticed.

Hastin

Re: Features of a set you never noticed...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2024, 10:18:50 AM »
You can see the strike lights (Dawson) on and then turned off at the start of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqrRFw-6CUg&list=PL0alKFgcNmNnG1ZC3JP30TPuslvyK2tZ1
-Hastin :)

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 05:28:11 PM »
I never knew until someone pointed it out to me that on Trebek J!, there was an "contestant in control" light on the lower left front side of the contestant podiums that Alex could reference when it was time to determine who had control of the board.

Also in the early days of Syndicated Joker's Wild (before the desks had the red bar of lights) there was a small white light on the side of each desk to indicate whose spin it was.  Either it was so subtle or it was a rare time when they were on during a shot of both contestants.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 08:04:07 PM by TimK2003 »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2024, 05:47:34 PM »
I never knew until someone pointed it out to me that on Trebek J!, there was an "contestant in control" light on the lower left front side of the contestant podiums that Alex could reference when it was time to determine who had control of the board.

We had a whole thread about it with pictures! :)

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Casey

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2024, 06:22:18 PM »
Similar to the above - the Face the Music podiums also had small lights on top for Ron to be able to tell who buzzed in.  They were actually mentioned a couple of times during the series.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2024, 06:46:20 PM »
Couldn't he look at the red lights and the nameplate?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

rjaguar3

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2024, 01:06:53 AM »
On Trump Card, Jimmy Cefalo's lectern had a small light indicating when the buzzers were activated.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2024, 11:01:50 AM »
We had a whole thread about it with pictures! :)

Which is incredibly cool. And raises, for me, this question: why did it need to be so subtle? Why not make it a visible feature of the lecterns?
czambo@mac.com

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2024, 12:02:31 PM »
And raises, for me, this question: why did it need to be so subtle? Why not make it a visible feature of the lecterns?

So as not to be confused (for the home audience) with the lights that indicate who rang in first, I assume.