Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Eubanks To Talk Beatles Oct 20th  (Read 794 times)

TimK2003

Bob Eubanks To Talk Beatles Oct 20th
« on: October 10, 2024, 09:55:20 AM »
For any Beatles fans in Southern California in a few weeks, Bob Eubanks will be talking about his other famous gig.

From the forgottenhits60s.com website:

You can celebrate the 60th Anniversary of The Beatles Coming to the US with Bob Eubanks’ “Backstage with The Beatles” at Smothers Theatre on Pepperdine University’s Malibu campus on Sunday, October 20 at 2 p.m.

This is a chance to take a behind-the-scenes look at The Beatles with Bob Eubanks and the legendary Beatles tribute band Ticket to Ride, who will join Eubanks on stage, bringing stories to life through the band’s iconic and beloved music.

“I am really looking forward to going back to Pepperdine with my one-of-a-kind live Beatles show,” says Bob Eubanks. “I’ve got some great new stories.”

Discover never-before-seen photos and listen to seldom-heard stories about the Fab Four from Bob Eubanks, the only living person to have produced The Beatles concerts all three years they toured America. In 1964, Eubanks borrowed $25,000 on his house to present The Beatles to Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl. Eubanks then produced two shows in 1965 at the Hollywood Bowl, one show in 1966 at Dodger Stadium, and one final show in San Francisco in August of 1966. This upcoming performance offers a unique way to celebrate the 60th anniversary of The Beatles arriving in the United States.

Tickets are available now and priced starting at $25.50 – $48 for the public. These prices include all ticket fees. Discounted tickets are available for groups, Military, Wave Associates, and Pepperdine faculty, staff, students, and alumni.

To purchase tickets, call the Lisa Smith Wengler Center for the Arts box office at (310) 506-4522 or visit the Bob Eubanks' “Backstage with The Beatles” event page.

jw2001

Re: Bob Eubanks To Talk Beatles Oct 20th
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2024, 09:45:32 PM »
That would be fun to go to! If it ever comes to the midwest I'll have to look into going.

TimK2003

Re: Bob Eubanks To Talk Beatles Oct 20th
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2024, 09:52:59 PM »
I knew he was involved in the first Hollywood Bowl concert, I never knew he was involved in the other aforementioned California shows, including their final US concert at Candlestick Park.

As a fan of the Beatles and that era of music, I would also be going to that discussion if I lived in SoCal.