Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Woman of the Hour" movie to air October 18 on Netflix  (Read 3148 times)

trainman

Re: "Woman of the Hour" movie to air October 18 on Netflix
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2024, 08:51:52 PM »
The mentions I've seen about the movie being in theaters is apparently only Canadian ones.

It's showing at the Bay Theater in Pacific Palisades this week -- a theater Netflix owns -- and a few other U.S. theaters as well. As parliboy mentioned upthread, this is in order to qualify it for Oscar consideration (and other awards that have similar eligibility requirements).
trainman is a man of trains

Kevin Prather

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2024, 01:38:39 AM »
Having seen the movie, I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys horrors and thrillers. But of course, the obvious trigger warnings apply.

It's a little more clear why the host is Ed Burke rather than Jim Lange. Without getting spoilery, he is portrayed as an antagonist.

Bob Zager

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2024, 11:47:51 AM »
It's a little more clear why the host is Ed Burke rather than Jim Lange. Without getting spoilery, he is portrayed as an antagonist.

After reading the review in the weekend edition of USA Today, I think I CAN understand now why there's no direct reference to Jim Lange.  Jim certainly was not like that, IMO.