Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MG-HSH reasons  (Read 8464 times)

Pyramid80

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2004, 11:39:49 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:22 AM\'] I'm thinking that you didn't look at that press photo too terribly clearly and you are mistaking the podium the question board sits on for a third podium. [/quote]
 Nope, I just looked at it again and what I said still remains.  There are 3 contestants sitting side by side with 3 podiums, and the questions are off to the side as usual.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2004, 12:55:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:22 AM\'] I'm thinking that you didn't look at that press photo too terribly clearly and you are mistaking the podium the question board sits on for a third podium. [/quote]
Nope, I just looked at it again and what I said still remains.  There are 3 contestants sitting side by side with 3 podiums, and the questions are off to the side as usual. [/quote]
 Kooky. Then I defer. I have no idea what the deal with that is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gsnstooge

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2004, 01:32:42 PM »
NO!!!! Seeing the rapping dragon and hearing Patrick Wayne saying "YOU WIN!!" and "IS RIGHT!!!" on TTD '90 is much better and safer to me than the "YOU FOOL" episode.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 04:07:13 PM by gsnstooge »

PeterMarshallFan

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2004, 03:13:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 12:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:22 AM\'] I'm thinking that you didn't look at that press photo too terribly clearly and you are mistaking the podium the question board sits on for a third podium. [/quote]
Nope, I just looked at it again and what I said still remains.  There are 3 contestants sitting side by side with 3 podiums, and the questions are off to the side as usual. [/quote]
 Could you get around to posting the picture? I'd love to see this.

Pyramid80

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2004, 03:45:12 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 02:13 PM\'] Could you get around to posting the picture? I'd love to see this. [/quote]
 I'll see what I can do, since I don't have a scanner or a website!

gsnstooge

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2004, 05:16:41 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 11:10 PM\'] [quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:10 PM\']

Also, the "You FOOL!" episode is a reason why I think no bluffs and winning by default makes the HS gameplay faster. [/quote]
It does make the game faster, but most people here didn't like the win by default rule on MGHS's Squares segment. Gilbert didn't hold the record for most consecutive questions asked on HS in the infamous 1999 episode, as we reported on Usenet when the "You Fool" episode first aired that McLean Stevenson went through about a dozen questions in a 70s episode of Marshall HS(not aired on GSN)until someone finally agreed/disagreed correctly for the win. [/quote]
 Many people did not like the win by default even if it meant faster gameplay?

ChuckNet

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2004, 11:27:56 AM »

The only reason they wanted to speed up gameplay was to fit as many games as possible into the HS segment, which didn't make much sense...on the Marshall nighttime version, they'd usually get up to 5 or 6 games before time ran out, so I don't see why they needed to sacrifice the "earn the final square yourself" rule.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Jimmy Owen

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2004, 12:07:19 PM »
Would an MG-HS hybrid work if the object would be to present an MG question to nine stars, have everybody (including the contestants) write down their responses and have the players try to find three stars in a row with whom they matched?  If there is no match, turn goes to the other player (who may have the same answer, the trick would be to find a tic-tac-toe)  New question for the celebs that are left if no tic-tac-toe happens.  Best two out of three plays the Super Match.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

gsnstooge

MG-HSH reasons
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2004, 03:52:23 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 11:27 AM\']

The only reason they wanted to speed up gameplay was to fit as many games as possible into the HS segment, which didn't make much sense...on the Marshall nighttime version, they'd usually get up to 5 or 6 games before time ran out, so I don't see why they needed to sacrifice the "earn the final square yourself" rule.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 On the NBC primetime version, there was no bonus round.  On the hybrid, there was Super Match.

If you were FORCED to pick one on the hybrid, which would it be?

No bluffs and winning by default OR No Super Match, thus no bonus round?