Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Second Edition from Endless Games  (Read 5078 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR Second Edition from Endless Games
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 07:49:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 04:09 PM\'] How did the game go? Were the contestants impressed with Particleman's Feud board?

[/quote]
 We haven't played yet. Gametime is around 8:30P tonight.
Anyways, I found a site that has all the Family Feud questions you could ever need; these were taken directly from the show (could have saved 2 bucks!).

http://www.angelfire.com/on/jhuhn/ffsurveys/
Yes, those were the other sources I alluded to, someone else provided me with that site as well. It's good, but not perfect, since it only has front-game and no Fast Money questions, but the combination of the two proved to be most useful.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »
I spotted your credit in the Endless WML, Mr. O, and attempted to couch my language to point any barbs only at Endless. I bought an opened copy for $9.99 and was glad I didn't pay more. I knew it was a copy of the Lowell, but didn't know they just put in a list of occupations, as compared to the clever printing of the occupations on the photo cards, where an occasional good shuffle would create interesting mixes of people and professions. Even updating the jobs and printing them on the photo cards wouldn't be that tough. There might be better ways, but the "pick a job at random" was a cheap way out. That said, there could be a couple of ways to attempt a low-budget "plinko" board - either make it the only plastic molded item in the game shrunk to scale and use small bearings or marbles to drop down from the top ( a potential hazard, however, around kids under 3)- or, print a replica like the other PIR game boards and make each of the bounce points the equivalent of a space. Think of a chinese checker board with the tiny black lines connecting each hole horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. Either the roll of a die or the draw of a card could tell you how to move the marker from the top to the bottom of the Plinko board card with the money amounts...move down two spaces diagonal LEFT - move 2 spaces horizontal RIGHT - making moves until you hit a space on the bottom row and you land in the amount directly below it. Someone in a previous post mentioned playing it with cards. Whatever. And I'd wager a small sum that there will be very little or no internal supports in the packaging, in the "just dump the parts in the box" style of Password Jr. and Beat The Clock. Gotta make it cheap enough to make the corporate buyers at TRU and Wal-Mart happy...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 08:07:29 PM by The Ol' Guy »

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2004, 08:33:43 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 07:10 PM\'] And of course, no cars priced under $10K :)(Well, there is the Kia Rio) [/quote]
Nope...even the Rio's over $10,000.

By $280, to be exact.

(That MSRP is about $10,279 too much, if you ask me.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 08:35:54 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2004, 08:46:21 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 08:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 07:10 PM\'] And of course, no cars priced under $10K :)(Well, there is the Kia Rio) [/quote]

By $280, to be exact.

(That MSRP is about $10,279 too much, if you ask me.) [/quote]
 It seems as though WOF had a $9K Kia model away up for grabs in the Mystery round a few months ago

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2004, 12:40:46 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 08:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 07:10 PM\'] And of course, no cars priced under $10K :)(Well, there is the Kia Rio) [/quote]

By $280, to be exact.

(That MSRP is about $10,279 too much, if you ask me.) [/quote]
A base model Kia Rio is $9740. [Found in the "Build Your Own" section.]
Also, in a discussion I had with another board member last night; there's other reasons to discredit this guy...look at his "bio" and also notice the fact he has a proposal for "Strip Password"; or something like that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 12:48:01 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2004, 10:39:39 AM »
The home page says "Strip Monopoly" - was there something else there, too? Someone tried Strip Password - I have an old tabloid article buried somewhere stating a game show named "Razzle Dazzle" being made for an adult cable channel had a rapid-fire password-type word description game, and the loser on a team in each round had to shed a garment. There was a photo of players on the set - but not sure if it was a pilot shot or it went to air. 80's, maybe?

...or perhaps it morphed into "Everything Goes"? Anyway, the initial description was a word-guessing game.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 11:09:53 AM by The Ol' Guy »

Don Howard

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2004, 11:54:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 04:45 PM\'] Here's the relevant thread at Golden Road. [/quote]
 Is there a secret handshake required to be able to get into the Golden Road forum? I registered, got a confirmation e-mail, went to sign in and was told that my information was incorrect, which is fascinating since I was looking directly at a printout of the user name and password I chose while I typed it in....all seven times. Forget it! It's not worth the aggravation.

Casey Buck

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 12:03:47 PM »
Is there a secret handshake required to be able to get into the Golden Road forum? I registered, got a confirmation e-mail, went to sign in and was told that my information was incorrect, which is fascinating since I was looking directly at a printout of the user name and password I chose while I typed it in....all seven times. Forget it! It's not worth the aggravation.

No, there's not a secret handshake, just a blood oath. :D

Try sending Marc Green (Golden-road.net's admin) an email (marc@golden-road.net (marc@golden-road.net)) explaining what's wrong; he'll straighten it all out.

Don Howard

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2004, 12:45:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 12:03 PM\']

No, there's not a secret handshake, just a blood oath. :D

Try sending Marc Green (Golden-road.net's admin) an email (marc@golden-road.net (marc@golden-road.net)) explaining what's wrong; he'll straighten it all out. [/quote]
 No, never mind. This group more than satisfies my game show discussion needs.
On the 10th attempt over there, I finally got in but now see that I can't post there because I don't have "special access". Let 'em have their little clique.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2004, 03:35:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 12:45 PM\'] I finally got in but now see that I can't post there because I don't have "special access". Let 'em have their little clique. [/quote]
No "clique" over there Don-boy.  Settle down.  Just some security measures to weed out the trolls, just as been done by this board here.

Furthermore, there is clearly a thread explaining the "new member process," just as this site provides as well located right here.

I think both boards provide lots of entertainment for fans.  No need to start a war.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 03:49:51 PM by ClockGameJohn »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2004, 04:38:55 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 04:35 PM\'] I think both boards provide lots of entertainment for fans.  No need to start a war. [/quote]
 Absolutely.  In fact, Golden Road appears to be a little more open than even we are, since I was able to read their board without signing up.

Besides, Marc Green and I get along just fine, and one disgruntled member here or there isn't going to start a war between us.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dzinkin

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2004, 05:13:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 04:38 PM\'][quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 04:35 PM\'] I think both boards provide lots of entertainment for fans.  No need to start a war. [/quote]
Absolutely.  In fact, Golden Road appears to be a little more open than even we are, since I was able to read their board without signing up.
[/quote]
I suspect that they're more open than we are because Moron #1 and Moron #2 haven't been copying posts from there en masse and reposting them to ATGS surrounded with racist, homophobic, antisemitic, or otherwise bigoted remarks.

[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 04:38 PM\']Besides, Marc Green and I get along just fine, and one disgruntled member here or there isn't going to start a war between us.[/quote]
Darn it... and I was going to negotiate for the PPV rights. :-D

Seriously, this isn't a war.  As I understand it, the two boards have a considerable overlap in membership... and unlike the bazillion Yahoo/MSN discussion group/ego feeders that pop up quickly and die just as quickly, both efforts are full of both useful information and (usually) cogent discussion.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2004, 06:39:45 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 05:13 PM\'] I suspect that they're more open than we are because Moron #1 and Moron #2 haven't been copying posts from there en masse and reposting them to ATGS surrounded with racist, homophobic, antisemitic, or otherwise bigoted remarks. [/quote]
I think you need to check some ATGS stuff, David.  :)  We've had our fair share of abuse too.

Thankfully, I can say that both G-R.net and Invision are free of it.  (Not to say that we both don't have our own share of stupidity at times!)  :-P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 06:42:23 PM by ClockGameJohn »

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2004, 07:48:25 PM »
Thankfully, I can say that both G-R.net and Invision are free of it. (Not to say that we both don't have our own share of stupidity at times!) :-P

Even Daniel Rosen on one crazy night came in for a troll. I'm dead serious.

Don Howard

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2004, 10:34:23 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 03:35 PM\'] No "clique" over there Don-boy.  Settle down.  Just some security measures to weed out the trolls, just as been done by this board here.

[/quote]
 Understood. Sorry about the unfounded accusation. Must be my time of the month.