Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite LMAD Zonks  (Read 4117 times)

digiblader

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« on: March 25, 2004, 11:00:48 PM »
As a regular viewer of LMAD, I really like the Zonks on the show.
What are your favorite Zonks on the show?

For some reason, I love the zonks in the '80s eps.. where Brian (and later Dean) were in the zonks and talked.. but more preferably when Brian was announcer..

Some of my favorites with him include:

-The one where he was on that kiddy car, looking for his sister, who was "all gone!", then Monty tells him not to fall off.. then Brian goes "I wanna!"
(saw the ep a few days ago too checking out my tape archives.)

-When he and one of the models had that horse and buggy(or was it a buckboard?), wanting to buy the Chevy Crapette(that's what I call the Chevette) that a player had just won.

There are so many I like I can't list them all.. but it's part of the reason I prefer the 80s zonks than the 70s ones.

Of course, I do like some of the zonks in the 70s version too..  but Jay Stewart isn't as funny unfortunately.

Anyway, what are your favorite zonks anyway?(70s and 80s versions.)

bandit_bobby

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 11:34:23 PM »
Any Zonkmobile Zonks.

Jimmy Owen

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 12:53:45 AM »
Anything involving Elephants or a Chevy Vega.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Craig Karlberg

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 05:11:04 AM »
One of my favoritte Zonks was a very large t-shirt I think & it said "I was zonked on Let's Make A Deal by Monty Hall"  Imagine that.

Another favoritte is where there are a bunch of live chickens(sometimes baby chicks) in a cage.  I thought that was cool.

But, my FAVORITTE one came last year on the NBC version where a car got smashed by a wrecking ball.  Not THAT is a zonker if I ever saw one.

CJBojangles

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 08:03:34 AM »
I personally liked the giant tricycle. Enormous prizes really made you wonder if the contestant would take advantage of the "Some contestants can receive forms of zonk prizes" in the credit roll at the end of the show. I know that's not word for word, but that's basically the gist of it.

That, and when they'd give the contestant kittens and a tower of cans of cat food. That always amused me because it was interesting to hear Jay describe a can of cat food as if it was a fabulous prize.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 06:03 AM\'] I personally liked the giant tricycle. Enormous prizes really made you wonder if the contestant would take advantage of the "Some contestants can receive forms of zonk prizes" in the credit roll at the end of the show. [/quote]
 Based on what I have read, each and every Zonk on the show (including animals)would in fact be awarded to the player if they wanted to keep it, or they could sign a waiver and receive a consolation prize.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve McClellan

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 05:15:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 08:43 AM\'] Based on what I have read, each and every Zonk on the show (including animals)would in fact be awarded to the player if they wanted to keep it, or they could sign a waiver and receive a consolation prize. [/quote]
 Yes indeed. Monty did a live show a few months back, and the topic came up. If that's what they say the contestant won, then they have to offer it to them. If they decline, he said they received some "very nice" parting gifts (and keep in mind that this was being said with none of their sponsors present ;) ).

tvrandywest

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 05:28:07 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 02:15 PM\'] If that's what they say the contestant won, then they have to offer it to them. If they decline, he said they received some "very nice" parting gifts [/quote]
 And Monty says that they would offer quite a bit of cash to sway winners from taking some of those zonks. Apparently some of the live animals were very expensive, and there was no "promo consid" to defray the high costs. I can hear it now -

Jay: "When you want a live animal for your next party call 1-800-EMU-TURD. Back to you Monty"!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Steve McClellan

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 05:42:02 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 02:28 PM\'][quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 02:15 PM\'] If that's what they say the contestant won, then they have to offer it to them. If they decline, he said they received some "very nice" parting gifts [/quote]
And Monty says that they would offer quite a bit of cash to sway winners from taking some of those zonks. Apparently some of the live animals were very expensive, and there was no "promo consid" to defray the high costs.[/quote]
D'oh! It all comes back to me now.

Excuse me while I take my long-term memory in for an upgrade.

digiblader

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 07:56:11 PM »
Bet the cost of those expensive animals in the 70s version, along with those animal rights people likely complaining caused them to stop using animals such as bears, elephants, lions, and certain others in the 80s version.

By the way, in the 70s version, did Jay Stewart actually speak in the zonks with funny material, like Brian does in the 1984-85 season? I don't remember seeing it.

zachhoran

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 07:58:55 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 07:56 PM\']
By the way, in the 70s version, did Jay Stewart actually speak in the zonks with funny material, like Brian does in the 1984-85 season? I don't remember seeing it. [/quote]
 Jay would have speaking parts during the display of Zonks from time to time, yes.

digiblader

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 08:05:57 PM »
I remember another funny zonk from the 70s version

-There was an oversized baby picture of Monty Hall in that zonk!
Kinda funny I bet!

And some others:

-Shown in MOGSM, Jay was dressed as Santa Claus, but instead of a reindeer, the sled was being towed by a donkey, which really wanted to leave!

-Jay was pretty funny when he was Baby Jay in those zonks.. I remember seeing the GSN promo with his zonk appearances, where he seemed to be mad about his bottle or something..

Sorry, but I prefer the 80s version than the 70s.. it's hard for me to remember the 70s zonks.

passwordplus

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2004, 01:01:31 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 05:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 02:15 PM\'] If that's what they say the contestant won, then they have to offer it to them. If they decline, he said they received some "very nice" parting gifts [/quote]
And Monty says that they would offer quite a bit of cash to sway winners from taking some of those zonks. Apparently some of the live animals were very expensive, and there was no "promo consid" to defray the high costs. I can hear it now -

Jay: "When you want a live animal for your next party call 1-800-EMU-TURD. Back to you Monty"!

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 Have you ever thought of doing stand-up comedy @ Harrah's also? I am still falling out of the my chair a good 2 minutes after that one!(that was a funny!)

gameshowguy2000

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2004, 02:19:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 04:11 AM\'] But, my FAVORITTE one came last year on the NBC version where a car got smashed by a wrecking ball.  Not THAT is a zonker if I ever saw one. [/quote]
 I remember that. And who could forget:

"Your very own Big Screen DOOR!"

tvrandywest

Favorite LMAD Zonks
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2004, 02:27:05 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 10:01 AM\']>>Jay: "When you want a live animal for your next party call 1-800-EMU-TURD. Back to you Monty"!<<

Have you ever thought of doing stand-up comedy @ Harrah's also? I am still falling out of the my chair a good 2 minutes after that one!(that was a funny!)[/quote]
Stand up? It's too tough on the knees. But thanks.

All I wanna do is TV announce and warm-up.
And eat, sleep, drink and.... ah, you know   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com