Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Karen Morrow  (Read 1780 times)

Don Howard

Karen Morrow
« on: March 26, 2004, 04:05:39 AM »
One of our executive producers would be the best person to know the answer to this.
Was there ever a temptation at Goodson-Todman during or after a Password Plus taping session to grab Karen Morrow by the hair and slam her head into the podium for being so freaking annoying? Same with Dorothy Loudon on Password.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Karen Morrow
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 02:55:58 PM »
The greater temptation was to do that to A.L. We voluntarily booked Karen Morrow; A.L. we were kind of stuck with.

Don Howard

Karen Morrow
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 03:46:07 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 02:55 PM\'] The greater temptation was to do that to A.L. We voluntarily booked Karen Morrow; A.L. we were kind of stuck with. [/quote]
 Fair enough. But I wonder. Could his illness have had anything to do with his conduct? If he was a big jerk from Day One in '61, I would have thought Mark Goodson (who, I fully admit, you knew better than I) would not have considered him for any of the revivals just as he would do with R.D. on Family Feud.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Karen Morrow
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 04:46:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 01:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 02:55 PM\'] The greater temptation was to do that to A.L. We voluntarily booked Karen Morrow; A.L. we were kind of stuck with. [/quote]
Fair enough. But I wonder. Could his illness have had anything to do with his conduct? If he was a big jerk from Day One in '61, I would have thought Mark Goodson (who, I fully admit, you knew better than I) would not have considered him for any of the revivals just as he would do with R.D. on Family Feud. [/quote]
 All depends on where that jerkiness is aimed. I used to work with people who pissed on the crew left and right but were all sweetness and light once the brass came into the studio, and as a result were held in high regard. If Ludden wasn't flipping Goodson any crap, what does Goodson care?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

Karen Morrow
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 02:46:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 04:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 01:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 02:55 PM\'] The greater temptation was to do that to A.L. We voluntarily booked Karen Morrow; A.L. we were kind of stuck with. [/quote]
Fair enough. But I wonder. Could his illness have had anything to do with his conduct? If he was a big jerk from Day One in '61, I would have thought Mark Goodson (who, I fully admit, you knew better than I) would not have considered him for any of the revivals just as he would do with R.D. on Family Feud. [/quote]
All depends on where that jerkiness is aimed. I used to work with people who pissed on the crew left and right but were all sweetness and light once the brass came into the studio, and as a result were held in high regard. If Ludden wasn't flipping Goodson any crap, what does Goodson care? [/quote]
 Of course! Gotcha, Chris. Kiss my rear and you're golden no matter how you act toward the knaves. Good point.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Karen Morrow
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 10:50:30 AM »
Allen was closely associated with Password and there may have been some expectation on the part of the networks that he would be an integral part of the show when they ordered it. He apparently didn't have Goodson pissed enough at him to keep him from working (he couldn't afford to) but that didn't stop him from whining at producers and directors. By the same token he wasn't exactly Goodson's "go-to" guy among emcees the way Bill Cullen was.

In all fairness he was a real trouper when he came back from the absence during which Bill Cullen filled in. He would do five shows per day in great pain. At the end of the day he was physically depleted and Betty would drive home.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 10:53:59 AM by chris319 »