Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Museum cof Television and Radio  (Read 5717 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Museum cof Television and Radio
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2004, 04:15:37 PM »
[quote name=\'AmazingErikZ\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 04:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 03:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'AmazingErikZ\' date=\'Mar 17 2004, 03:20 PM\'] Gosh, I haven't been to the Museum Of TV in almost 6 years...and I'm from NYC! This was just before I had a kidney transplant.

Anyway, I'd love to see more classic game shows over there. The last one I remember was a 1982 ep of TPIR with commercials. I also remember: 1980 ep of Gong Show and $20K Pyramid from 1979 with JoAnne Worley & David Letterman--JoAnne was great in the WC.

I'd go there in an instant, but my only obstacle is my neurotic mother. Hopefully, I'll have a talk with her about me going back to Manhattan. I don't care if some of the people are rude, I still enjoy "The city," and I miss it. [/quote]
Wait a minute...there's a TPiR from 1982 and I never heard nor saw anything about it?

Or did he typo and meant 1962? [/quote]
Actually, it was either 1981 or 1982, not sure. I do remember a few of the pricing games in the ep: Golden Road(plays for a trailer), Grand Game(contestant wins only $100), Range Game, Squeeze Play(plays for a trip to Hawaii), and 5 Price Tags. [/quote]
 Well, speak of the devil. I saw this the last time I went.

JMFabiano

Museum cof Television and Radio
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Aug 3 2003, 10:31 AM\'] Something odd I saw---I was looking at the pictures on the floor of the NBC store. I found You Bet Your Life and the original Name that Tune, but I also found one all the way in the back from MG/HS. It was of Bauman and two contestants at the HS play area. However, instead of the yellow backdrop & podium seen on the series, there was a lot of blue. Also, if you look at the left side of the picture, what appears to be a shelf of merchandise is visible. I wonder, was the picture from a promo shoot or something? [/quote]
 As I mention in my Blurty (coughWHICHYOUCANVISITATTHELINKBELOWcough), I did see this photo.  It's behind a camera standing to the left of the checkout counter where the pictures can be seen at the floor.  Oddly enough, I had to move a garbage bag to see it this time around...Bauman haters, insert your own joke here.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.