Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Power Players Announced  (Read 2729 times)

Radiofreewill

Jeopardy! Power Players Announced
« on: March 24, 2004, 09:01:25 AM »
From the Associated Press:

Russert, Franken to Appear on 'Jeopardy'

NEW YORK (AP) - Think folks like Tim Russert, Tavis Smiley, Anderson Cooper, Ari Fleischer, Al Franken and Bob Woodward are smart? They'll have a chance to prove it.

They're among 15 "power players" signed up to play "Jeopardy!" in a special weeklong edition of the game that will be broadcast in May, it was announced Monday.

The game show will be in Washington to tape the segments early next month. Each contestant will be playing for charity - with the winner each day getting a $50,000 jackpot.

Other contestants include Ashleigh Banfield, Maria Bartiromo, Aaron Brown, Gretchen Carlson, Tucker Carlson, Kweisi Mfume, Peggy Noonan, Keith Olbermann and Christine Todd Whitman.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 09:11:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Radiofreewill\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 09:01 AM\'] From the Associated Press:

Russert, Franken to Appear on 'Jeopardy'

NEW YORK (AP) - Think folks like Tim Russert, Tavis Smiley, Anderson Cooper, Ari Fleischer, Al Franken and Bob Woodward are smart? They'll have a chance to prove it.

They're among 15 "power players" signed up to play "Jeopardy!" in a special weeklong edition of the game that will be broadcast in May, it was announced Monday.

The game show will be in Washington to tape the segments early next month. Each contestant will be playing for charity - with the winner each day getting a $50,000 jackpot.

Other contestants include Ashleigh Banfield, Maria Bartiromo, Aaron Brown, Gretchen Carlson, Tucker Carlson, Kweisi Mfume, Peggy Noonan, Keith Olbermann and Christine Todd Whitman.
[/quote]
 Franken and Russert are returning players from the 1997 tournament that GSN reran just a couple of months ago.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 10:40:16 AM »
Olbermann also played in a Celebrity Edition with fellow sportscasters Bob Costas and Robin Roberts in 1999.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 01:18:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 10:40 AM\'] Olbermann also played in a Celebrity Edition with fellow sportscasters Bob Costas and Robin Roberts in 1999. [/quote]
 Let's hope he doesn't cheat this time.  (Keith added an extra syllable to one of Bob's questions to make it wrong, but the judge caught it.)

Gus

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 06:20:34 PM »
...Gretchen Carlson...

What's she up to nowadays? Last I remember, she left channel 19 quite a few years ago, and it caused a big stir in the papers...

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 07:27:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 06:20 PM\']
...Gretchen Carlson...

What's she up to nowadays? Last I remember, she left channel 19 quite a few years ago, and it caused a big stir in the papers... [/quote]
 Not sure if it is the same one, but I believe this Gretchen Carlson is the former Miss America-turned CBS Saturday Early Show host.  She was on "Pyramid" this season as well.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 04:23:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 07:27 PM\'][quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 06:20 PM\']
...Gretchen Carlson...

What's she up to nowadays? Last I remember, she left channel 19 quite a few years ago, and it caused a big stir in the papers... [/quote]
Not sure if it is the same one, but I believe this Gretchen Carlson is the former Miss America-turned CBS Saturday Early Show host.  She was on "Pyramid" this season as well.[/quote]
It is.

I don't know about you, but I would've loved to have seen them book Bill O'Reilly and then put him against Al Franken.  Not much game would be played, but the sparks flying in the studio would've made up for it...

(Meanwhile, the third contestant just gives correct responses and wins the game.)

ChuckNet

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 07:26:51 PM »
I don't know about you, but I would've loved to have seen them book Bill O'Reilly and then put him against Al Franken. Not much game would be played, but the sparks flying in the studio would've made up for it...

Gee, you think? :-) A similar scenario would occur if you booked Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity to play against Franken, no doubt.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Radiofreewill

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 08:42:51 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 25 2004, 07:26 PM\'] Gee, you think? :-) A similar scenario would occur if you booked Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity to play against Franken, no doubt [/quote]
 That sounds like something out of the fourth circle of Hell.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 05:21:45 AM »
My dream Power Players match-up would be as follows:

Chris Mathews(Hardball)

Bill O'Riley

Art Bell

How about that one gang!

DrBear

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 08:31:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 04:21 AM\'] My dream Power Players match-up would be as follows:

Chris Mathews(Hardball)

Bill O'Riley

Art Bell

How about that one gang! [/quote]
 Only if I could be there with chloroform. O'Reilly and Matthews are two of the most annoying people I've ever seen on TV - politics aside - while Bell should be ashamed of himself for making money based on encouraging peoples' belief in the supernatural and nonexistent. He's a phony of the highest order.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.