Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: House Minimums  (Read 1568 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
House Minimums
« on: March 27, 2004, 03:30:54 AM »
While a house minimum may be approps. on a childrens show such as "Double Dare" [$100]; are they really needed on shows in which adults compete?  IMO; they should be given the "parting gifts"; and the boot.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

House Minimums
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 03:42:52 AM »
For what it's worth(and I hate to say it), but the practice of giving out "parting gifts" appears to be dead just like the dinosaur.  IMO, money is just as good as a parting gift any day.

zachhoran

House Minimums
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 07:20:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 03:42 AM\'] For what it's worth(and I hate to say it), but the practice of giving out "parting gifts" appears to be dead just like the dinosaur.  IMO, money is just as good as a parting gift any day. [/quote]
 Parting Gifts as in the sestet of items described at the end of most shows back in the day is over. However, contestants who don't appear on stage on TPIR get one or both of the items mentioned just before the SCSD, and I have heard John Moschitta do a plug for a merchandise prize worth about $500 that Squares contestants get if they win no cash this season.
As for Feud or Pyramid, I don't know what they get if they win nothing.

Matt Ottinger

House Minimums
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 03:06:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 04:30 AM\'] While a house minimum may be approps. on a childrens show such as "Double Dare" [$100]; are they really needed on shows in which adults compete? [/quote]
 Not "needed" in the same sense that Vanna is not "needed" on Wheel, but a harmless, useful addition that makes a show not look cheap.  And in the case of the prize shows, parting gifts (and the fees they collect) ARE useful as a way of paying a few bills.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.