Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sorry ladies, Goen's gone ...  (Read 4614 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Sorry ladies, Goen's gone ...
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 09:19:17 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 06:26 PM\'] No, I insist.  Did Access Hollywood send their congrats?  I ask because I want to say Access Hollywood until blood starts spewing from your ears.
 [/quote]
Isn't Pat O'Brien on that show?

You know....Pat...O'Brien?

Man, what a talent. I certainly have been missing Pat O'Brien's fine work during the NCAA's.

That's Pat O'Brien, folks. For all of your entertainment needs.

:)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 09:19:48 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 09:27:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 10:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 06:26 PM\'] No, I insist.  Did Access Hollywood send their congrats?  I ask because I want to say Access Hollywood until blood starts spewing from your ears.
 [/quote]
Isn't Pat O'Brien on that show? [/quote]
 Pat O'Brien was on the Today Show when the Oscar nominations were announced.  And I forget why, but Katie Couric at one point sings the familiar theme music of Entertainment Tonight, rival to the NBC backed Access Hollywood. They cut back to a clearly miffed O'Brien, who eventually told Katie that he didn't know the theme to Good Morning America.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 09:31:24 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 09:06 PM\'] Access Hollywood is 99.8% tabloid show and .2% news! [/quote]
 As opposed, of course, to the Pulitzer-worthy, hard-news, Edward-R-Murrow informed bastion of broadcast journalism that is Entertainment Tonight.

No wonder why I've stayed far and far and far and far and far and far and far and far and far away from that show!!
And yet you know who their "New York guy" is, and even know to call him that!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 10:46:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 09:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 09:06 PM\'] Access Hollywood is 99.8% tabloid show and .2% news! [/quote]
As opposed, of course, to the Pulitzer-worthy, hard-news, Edward-R-Murrow informed bastion of broadcast journalism that is Entertainment Tonight. [/quote]
 Matt, that describes pretty much every entertainment news show today!  OK, maybe Johnny the A did exaggerate a little: it's more like 69.8% tabloid and 0.2% news.  You can't forget your 30% commercials!

johnnya2k3

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 11:49:50 PM »
By the way...O'Brien did a "Krypton Factor" pilot in 2000 for Fox, but it never got picked up. And in 1990, he went into "Overtime" with Pat attempting to be CBS Sports' version of Johnny Carson (or Arsenio Hall); it was a major flop.

And we already know about Billy Bush's horrible stint as Let's Make A Deal host last year; I never even cared about "Battle of the NBC Stars" and Tony Potts (who did a brief stint at ET before heading to AH) hosting.

But besides WOF, other game shows Goen did prior to ET were Blackout, Born Lucky, The Hollywood Game, Perfect Match, and the Home Shopping Game; all except for Wheel were very forgettable.

Jonathan Allen

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 01:07:42 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 08:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Mar 23 2004, 08:55 AM\'] The real sin of this is "Entertainment Tonight" has thus far wasted two whole nights on this thing when they could be talking about real stars. [/quote]
Robair, will you PLEASE SHUT UP!!!

Goen's wedding was big news for ET, knowing things were a bit slow for them over the weekend. And don't EVER get me started on whether or not that other show ("Access Hollywood", for those who care) sent their congratulations to Goen and Curan.

Besides, thanks to Conan O'Brien and SNL poking so much fun at the show as of late with its idiotic wordplay, obscene graphics, the scrolling ticker similar to the cable news channels', and of course the presences of Pat O'Brien and Billy Bush (their New York guy), Access Hollywood is 99.8% tabloid show and .2% news! No wonder why I've stayed far and far and far and far and far and far and far and far and far away from that show!! (Had to paraphrase Chris Benoit's "I'm gonna make you tap and tap and tap..." quote there)

Jonathan Allen [/quote]
Johnny, will you PLEASE DECREASE YOUR FONT SIZE.  If something this minute steams you; I'd hate to see what an actual tragedy would bring upon you.
OBEntertainment: Access Hollywood
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 01:11:48 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 02:33:48 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 24 2004, 09:49 PM\'] But besides WOF, other game shows Goen did prior to ET were Blackout, Born Lucky, The Hollywood Game, Perfect Match, and the Home Shopping Game; all except for Wheel were very forgettable.
 [/quote]
 Sez you. I thought Goen on Blackout was far better then Goen on Wheel.

<patobrien>

uncamark

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2004, 04:16:46 PM »
All I want to know is if Bob and Marianne had a great bonus round in their hotel room on their wedding night.  :)

ChuckNet

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 07:23:33 PM »
Isn't Pat O'Brien on that show?

You know....Pat...O'Brien?

Man, what a talent. I certainly have been missing Pat O'Brien's fine work during the NCAA's.

That's Pat O'Brien, folks. For all of your entertainment needs.

:)

Hey, what if Pat Benetar married the only US WWtBaM contestant ever to start a show w/the $1M question? Then her name would be... :-D

As for the Goen-Curan union, that might be a celeb couple you could actually convince to do a revival of Tattletales, if it ever happened.

Chuck Donegan (The Comedic "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 07:24:39 PM by ChuckNet »

dzinkin

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 10:36:18 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 25 2004, 04:16 PM\'] All I want to know is if Bob and Marianne had a great bonus round in their hotel room on their wedding night.  :) [/quote]
 Or whether Bob used the double dip.

(It needed to be said. :-D)

GS Warehouse

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 12:13:14 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 25 2004, 02:33 AM\'] <patobrien> [/quote]
 Johnny the A, you'll be glad to know your favorite personality has a cameo in the just-released Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. :-)  And they gave Access Hollywood a mention in the credits.

ObGameShows: Two cast members have gs connections: Linda Cardellini (TPiR, FF) and Dee Baker (he'll always be Olmec to us).

ObAsterisk: Three, if you count American Idol--Ruben Studdard has a cameo at the end.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 03:34:54 AM »
Johnny the A, you'll be glad to know your favorite personality has a cameo in the just-released Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. :-) And they gave Access Hollywood a mention in the credits.

My favorite personality?!?! Yeah, right. I'd rather settle for Bob Costas and Al Michaels in BASEketball (or since this is a game show forum, Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore).

By the way, Scooby-Doo 2 opened at #1 with $30 million, but the smarter Sarah Michelle Gellar fans like myself saved our $8.00 and watched her as guest voice on The Simpsons for free. And my real favorite TV personalities are Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, Bob Barker, and the Entertainment Tonight gang.

Jonathan Allen

clemon79

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 11:32:49 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 01:34 AM\'] And my real favorite TV personalities are Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, Bob Barker, and the Entertainment Tonight gang.

Jonathan Allen [/quote]
 Not Pat O'Brien?

ChuckNet

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 01:04:51 PM »
My favorite personality?!?! Yeah, right. I'd rather settle for Bob Costas and Al Michaels in BASEketball (or since this is a game show forum, Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore).

Someone's sarcasm detector isn't working properly...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 02:11:51 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 01:04 PM\']

Someone's sarcasm detector isn't working properly... [/quote]
 Pat O'Brien probably removed the detector's batteries and put them in his TV's remote so he could watch his show, Access Hollywood.