Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Randy West on "Bob & Tom"  (Read 1500 times)

ITSBRY

Randy West on "Bob & Tom"
« on: March 26, 2004, 04:23:55 PM »
Anyone catch our very own tvrandywest on this morning's "Bob & Tom"?  Great stuff Randy...I laughed out loud a couple of times.

"What kinda car is it again?"....

"It's a neeeeewwwwww car, (you idiot)".  :-D

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

tvrandywest

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 05:46:45 PM »
"It's a neeeeewwwwww car"
"We don't give away used cars!"

Thanks Bry.

Bob and Tom do a funny syndicated morning show that airs in a bunch of markets, and are just a couple of way too many friends from my mis-spent years in radio. Bob is from LA and is a huge game show fan, so there's been talk about me doing a phoner for quite a while.

I worked hard to keep it far away from anything the least bit relevant that could be construed as a spoiler for the MDS, making fun at the expense of our favorite show or Mr. Barker, or the least bit controversial about the show's cast and past. Thankfully, for a couple of whacky and crazy guys with a whole studio full of sidekicks they didn't go anywhere near anything that could have been tricky to sidestep. "Whew"! It was funny; those guys are quick.

Now that the "Price" stage show is in Kansas City my friends doing mornings on "The Planet" in town wanna do some crazy stuff. I'm steering them to the "Price" folks at Harrah's. I'm actually uncomfortable "representin'" as I'm simply one of many prospective announcers. But give me the gig and we'll have every morning show in the country doing shtick!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 05:48:29 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 04:40:32 PM »
If they call you over to the Fox, I'd tell you to say hi to Teri Wilder, but she only knows me as that geek that showed up at Chick Singer Night shows in Chicago.  You can find out about her at her web site--she's a very talented lady.

ObGameShow:  Not really, but Teri deserves the plug.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 05:04:40 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 04:46 PM\'] "We don't give away used cars!"

Thanks Bry.

Bob and Tom do a funny syndicated morning show that airs in a bunch of markets, and are just a couple of way too many friends from my mis-spent years in radio. Bob is from LA and is a huge game show fan, so there's been talk about me doing a phoner for quite a while.
 [/quote]
 Good gig.  Weren't they (or aren't they) based out of Indianapolis (I seem to recall them doing a local show while I was in college at Indiana--Bloomington being just about an hour south)?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 05:10:55 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 05:04 PM\'][quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 26 2004, 04:46 PM\'] "We don't give away used cars!"

Thanks Bry.

[/quote]
Good gig.  Weren't they (or aren't they) based out of Indianapolis (I seem to recall them doing a local show while I was in college at Indiana--Bloomington being just about an hour south)?[/quote]
They are based out of Indy.

They were on in Chicago very briefly in 1998 after Rock 103.5 (now the Chicago branch of the CC KISS FM franchise) fired Mancow Muller.  Mancow's fans hated them--intensely.  When the station went to "Jammin' Oldies" later that year, they were dropped.