Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where Are They Now?  (Read 14481 times)

Skynet74

Where Are They Now?
« on: March 28, 2004, 03:34:47 AM »
Here is a new feature I'm bringing to you. It's Called  "Where Are They Now?"

Let's start with that Beautiful female voice you may remember from the 1980's. She was the announcer for the New CrossWits. It's been 18 years since many have even given her a single thought. Well now it's time to think. Let's take a look at where Michelle Roth is today.  http://www.lite927.com/docs/talent_michelle.html

John
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 03:38:13 AM by Skynet74 »

tvrandywest

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 09:38:57 AM »
Thanks for the update on Michelle's whereabouts. A nice lady - we worked together briefly in the early 80s producing some of the very first hotel in-room promo channels ("Welcome to Hilton... while in town eat here... when you leave, stay at another Hilton...").

I'm sure someone will be confused by the fact that she shares the name Michelle Roth with another lady of similar age, one of the sweetest people in game shows. This MR grew up in the biz, waving audience applause as a teenager for Gene Wood at Dawson's first run of Feud. Last I saw her, this Michelle was working at Karn's Feud a season or two ago. She's done everything from wrangling contestants to stand-in to writing. And since she's Mark Goodson's niece (a fact she never mentions) she has every great story about all the people and things we love. A really lovely and good hearted pro.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TonicBH

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 11:56:30 AM »
Almost all the Nickelodeon Game Show hosts (save for Mike O'Malley and Marc Summers) could definitely classify as "Where are they now?", along with their announcers.

(Whatever happened to Henry J, the announcer for the Lackey era of Think Fast and GTP?)
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

PeterMarshallFan

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 12:04:06 PM »
Almost all the Nickelodeon Game Show hosts (save for Mike O'Malley and Marc Summers) could definitely classify as "Where are they now?", along with their announcers.

Lew Schnieder: exec. producer of Everybody Loves Raymond

Phil Moore: Still a comedian, I guess

Michael Carrington: comedy writer

Wesley Eure: children's writer

Larry Toffler: actor, screenplay writer

Maria Milito: New York radio personality

Skip Lackey: still acting?? [I may have the opportunity to get in contact with him, so this stays a question until I know for sure]

Harvey: field reporter for Trading Spaces, last I heard

Doc Holliday: radio host in Florida

Joe Conklin: Pennsylvania-based comedian

bricon

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 12:04:34 PM »
I'm sure someone will be confused by the fact that she shares the name Michelle Roth with another lady of similar age, one of the sweetest people in game shows.

And *that* Michele Roth (she has one less "L") can be seen on page 102 of Jefferson Graham's book "Come On Down".  She is the Card Sharks staffer holding the sign "Look Here And Smile".  She was also featured on one of the pilots for To Tell The Truth '90 in a One On One segment.  She is a "screamer" for the movies, dubbing in screaming for Kate Capshaw in Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, for example.  I don't recall if they ever used her on an aired show.  And I concur she is a wonderful person.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Where Are They Now?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 12:12:42 PM »
>> Harvey: field reporter for Trading Spaces, last I heard

Senior producer, actually, just below Tom Farrell.

Seems we forgot Robb Edward Morris. I think I read that he's a theater actor somewhere? As for Larry Toffler, I'm surprised no one wrote "game show contestant" in there as well. And Joe Conklin....well, there's this site.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

TonicBH

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 09:49:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 12:12 PM\'] Seems we forgot Robb Edward Morris. I think I read that he's a theater actor somewhere? [/quote]
 Well, his last television/movie/whatever appearance was in a small role in the 1994 movie "China Moon", so his current whereabouts are unknown.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

Matt Ottinger

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 10:56:23 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 10:49 PM\'] [quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 12:12 PM\'] Seems we forgot Robb Edward Morris. I think I read that he's a theater actor somewhere? [/quote]
Well, his last television/movie/whatever appearance was in a small role in the 1994 movie "China Moon", so his current whereabouts are unknown. [/quote]
 His current whereabouts are unknown...TO YOU.  And unless you work for the FBI or something, it really doesn't matter much whether you know where he is.  AND if all you can be bothered to do is check the IMDB -- after being TOLD he has a theater career that the IMDB doesn't cover, I don't think the FBI will be looking to hire you any time soon.

The most BASIC Google search shows references to stage work on such shows as Cats, Saturday Night Fever and Miss Saigon in the last decade.  Further, when you drop the "Edward", the very first hit gives a pretty useful bio that, if up-to-date, tells us he's currently in Germany.
http://www.sandiford.de/RobbMorrisBio.htm

And look, pictures!
http://mitglied.lycos.de/musicalgirl86/die_casts.htm

I guess my point is that I've never even HEARD of the guy, and it took me about five minutes to find this stuff out.  If you're not even going to bother checking, don't bother posting either.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

GS Warehouse

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 12:02:54 AM »
Two others still not mentioned: Summer Sanders, last seen on NBA Inside Stuff (did she survive the transition from NBC to ESPN?) and Kirk Fogg.  I got reminded of him when I found a couple eps of Legends of the Hidden Temple on a Beta tape I just transferred to VHS.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Where Are They Now?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 01:45:38 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 10:02 PM\'] Two others still not mentioned: Summer Sanders, last seen on NBA Inside Stuff (did she survive the transition from NBC to ESPN?) [/quote]
Following up on Matt's very astute comments about doing yer freakin' legwork, if you'd taken the twelve seconds it takes to load up NBA.COM, then the four more it takes to click the "Inside Stuff" link on the front page, you'd know that it's still her and Ahmad.

(What I wouldn't expect you to know is that Inside Stuff is produced entirely by the NBA, they use no network resources, and I believe the timeslot provided for it is part of the negotiated deal for the TV contract, so from Summer's side of things, there WAS no transition of note.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 01:46:42 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TonicBH

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 08:46:34 AM »
in Reply to Matt's post:

Well, I wasn't expecting to do massive detective work anyways. But yeah, I should've checked my facts and done some Googling. My mistake.

(Unlike some people, I can at least admit my mistakes.)

Matt Ottinger

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 10:58:03 AM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 09:46 AM\'] Well, I wasn't expecting to do massive detective work anyways. But yeah, I should've checked my facts and done some Googling. My mistake.
(Unlike some people, I can at least admit my mistakes.) [/quote]
 Very honorable of you.  It probably looks to many as though I overreacted, but I've just got a thing about research and getting correct information out there.  

My one piece of advice -- worded more politely -- is to be careful about making blanket statements like "his current whereabouts are unknown" without checking first. (It hardly took a "massive" amount of effort.)  You could say something like "I don't know anything more about him", but that gets into an entirely different issue of whether to bother to post at all.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 11:02:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 10:58 AM\']
Very honorable of you.  It probably looks to many as though I overreacted, but I've just got a thing about research and getting correct information out there.  

My one piece of advice -- worded more politely -- is to be careful about making blanket statements like "his current whereabouts are unknown" without checking first. (It hardly took a "massive" amount of effort.)  You could say something like "I don't know anything more about him", but that gets into an entirely different issue of whether to bother to post at all. [/quote]
 Doing a Google Advanced Groups Search using ATGS can be a big help to find out game show information, certainly. But I believe there is no archive for our six month stay on Ezboard, correct?

Fedya

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 02:23:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 01:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 10:02 PM\'] Two others still not mentioned: Summer Sanders, last seen on NBA Inside Stuff (did she survive the transition from NBC to ESPN?) [/quote]
Following up on Matt's very astute comments about doing yer freakin' legwork, if you'd taken the twelve seconds it takes to load up NBA.COM, then the four more it takes to click the "Inside Stuff" link on the front page, you'd know that it's still her and Ahmad. [/quote]
 Oh sure, lord it over those of us on dialup that you've got a nice fast Internet connection.  :-p

(For the record, it took about 1:20 before I could find the link to "Inside Stuff" on NBA.com, and another 25 seconds before the caption of the picture with Summer and Ahmad showed up.  And that's using Opera, not bloatware like IE.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

gamed121683

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 03:09:43 PM »
Where are they now, huh? Can I Play?, I got a good one! :-).

As we already known Donald Trump is the host of "The Apprentince" ("Your'e Fired!" [oh, were gonna have to pay royalities for that one now, are we?) but 14 years earlier he put on the air a game show called "Trump Card".  The host of that show was not "The Trumpster" rather a former NFL player named Jimmy Cefalo. For my friends who live in Broward, Dade, or Monroe county here in Florida you already know what happened to him. Although for those who aren't, check out this link...

http://html.click10.com/mia/insidewplg/per...718-143120.html